Kyle S

wish.com lures?

So a coworker of mine is OBSESSED with buying things from wish.com. For those of you who unfamiliar with this site, my understanding is that its just knock offs and replicas of things priced ridiculously low. Some items might be legitimate, but I doubt it...anyway, I did a quick internet search and found some very interesting fishing lures, for almost nothing. Has anyone ever purchased tackle from this site? And if so, what was your experience? Thanks, and Happy New Year!!!!🤘

Interesting, since I just was talking to a friend about this last night.  It seems that the website is a direct link to the foreign factories and cuts out the middleman in the buying process.  Shipping can be long and quality is sometimes questionable from all of the reviews I read.  I also read of a lot of very satisfied customers.  I wasn't willing to set up an account to scroll through all they had to offer, seems they sell about everything.  

All I can say is buyer beware. Some real junk and some items are over priced. I have seen these lures and reels on Ebay and they are from China, Hong Kong  etc.

2 hours ago, TOXIC said:

It seems that the website is a direct link to the foreign factories and cuts out the middleman in the buying process.  Shipping can be long and quality is sometimes questionable from all of the reviews I read.  

There is still a middeman for a lot of the Wish, Wayfair, AliExpress, ect sites, but it’s a china-based one so the overhead is still very low. 

I end up buying (or more often, unsuccessfully trying to buy) a lot of fruniture/decor stuff from OEM sites for work and it is an absolute crapshoot.  The maddening thing is that you can find the exact same item on five different sites with five different prices. Now, it some cases the seller is paying for extra QC and will assist in shipping issues, but in others they just dropship from the factory and make a very nice markup. 

If you have the time and money to burn then the OEM sites can be a good value but I have seen it go wrong often enough that I wouldn’t trust them with anything expensive or time sensitive.