Munkin

Operation chatterbait blackening is a go!

Wife went out with friends and had a few drinks so she is out and the daughter is in her room playing some game on the phone. I have the chemistry set out and look like I am cooking meth trying to blacken some chatterbait blades. Just going to do a few at first to get the process down hopefully.

Allen

20190113-002028.jpg

Final result.

Allen

• Like 4

Looks good! Be interesting to see how the durability of the finish is. I have some dip that I found awhile back in black, blue, and red. It all looks good for a fish or two, then it comes off quickly. From your other post about it, I'd assume this will be a much better lasting effect.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:53 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

Looks good! Be interesting to see how the durability of the finish is. I have some dip that I found awhile back in black, blue, and red. It all looks good for a fish or two, then it comes off quickly. From your other post about it, I'd assume this will be a much better lasting effect.

So far I only did 5 blades as a test and 3 I screwed up by dipping them in the wrong order. I have more blades on the way and once they get here I will do another run. Will send you a few to test out to see what you think but I am impressed so far myself. 

Allen

• Like 1