RHuff

Ranger z185 or Triton 18 trx

Narrowed it down to two. Can get the Ranger z185 with the z package and a 150 Merc Pro XS or the Triton 18 trx tournament package and a 175 Merc Pro XS for almost the same price... Triton will run about 10-12 mph faster but I know Rangers aren’t as quick but are built like a tank.

I’ve been eyeing the Ranger hard but the Triton is starting to look pretty good to me too. Need input lol. 

Can't go wrong with those...But if it were me I'd take the faster, higher-HP boat and never look back since they are similar in price.  Not all about top speed either...Higher HP has many advantages on a bass boat.

Beyond that, I'd take a look at the front deck size and layout along with the storage layout....That's where you'll spend the most time, so make sure you like how it's laid out.  

• Like 1

Make sure your accessories are about equal, T/M, Electronics, trailer etc. The Ranger Z package is a nice feature especially the soft ride seats, but I don't know if it still as it was that new ownership is building them.

Id go ranger for the layout. I hate the center front deck storage compartment on the TRX. 

On 1/20/2019 at 11:08 PM, RHuff said:

Narrowed it down to two. Can get the Ranger z185 with the z package and a 150 Merc Pro XS or the Triton 18 trx tournament package and a 175 Merc Pro XS for almost the same price... Triton will run about 10-12 mph faster but I know Rangers aren’t as quick but are built like a tank.

I’ve been eyeing the Ranger hard but the Triton is starting to look pretty good to me too. Need input lol. 

I would compare the triton 18trx to the ranger 518L both can max out with a 200. In his case I would go with the ranger 518L. The z185 would compare more with the 189trx. In your case I would go with the triton but look at the 518L it's an amazing hull better then the triton in my opinion but will cost more. 

On 1/21/2019 at 10:04 AM, scbassin said:

Make sure your accessories are about equal, T/M, Electronics, trailer etc. The Ranger Z package is a nice feature especially the soft ride seats, but I don't know if it still as it was that new ownership is building them.

I've noticed zero difference in the quality of my previous 2009 Z520 "pre-Johnny Morris" Ranger and my current "Johnny Morris" Ranger Z520L....  :thumbsup3: 

My vote is for the Ranger.

Speed was not even on my list of "must have's" in a bass boat...  I could care less about constantly swapping out props, etc just to gain a couple mph top end speed.  I cruise at the blistering speed of 30-35 mph 95+% of the time anyway.  I'd be more concerned with build quality, layout, safety, warranty, resale value, etc than speed.

Good luck :thumbsup3:

• Like 1

I was really into the z185 until I looked at a z518.. I think that’s now my favorite out of all that I have looked at..

On 1/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, RHuff said:

I was really into the z185 until I looked at a z518.. I think that’s now my favorite out of all that I have looked at..

What are the bi differences between a Z185 vs a Z518?

15 hours ago, mheichelbech said:

What are the bi differences between a Z185 vs a Z518?

The z518 has the new comanche console and a lot more cosmetic details as opposed to the z185. It also has a step and lock box in between the two bench seats as opposed to it being a bare bench which nothing there. The z518 has fenders added on the trailer too where the z185 does not.