wasabi_VA

Who made this Bass Pro Tourney Special baitcaster?

I think I bought this Bass Pro Tourney Special (model TS-1H) in the early 90's. It has mostly sat for 15 years but I'm gonna use it this year. I plan to service it soon and interested in finding any parts diagrams available. I've looked and have seen nothing and think I might need to find a diagram for a similar reel by whoever made it for Bass pro. Any ideas? I want to say Abu Garcia but can't base that on anything other than fuzzy memory, and I still have no idea of the comparable model. At a minimum I know I will want to throw a new drag washer in it.

d7IPHyKl.jpg fA1wfsWl.jpg

Are just curios or looking for parts?

Tom

I am primarily interested in parts. The anti-reverse bearing is rusty and i’d Like to replace it as well as a new drag washer. Less concerned about the drag washer as it looks ok, but after 25 years i’m willing to put a $2 drag washer in :)

iCNU7Xo.jpg

49 minutes ago, BaitFinesse said:

I'm thinking Silstar.  Looks a lot like a Pinnacle Vision round reel but is not quite a match.

Yup.

BPS has, or at least had, a rod and reel repair section in Springfield, MO. By your post, I'm guessing that your doing your own work. The reason that I mention the r and r repair section is they also stock and sell parts. They have a ton of parts for older reels, especially BPS older reels.

The Pinnacle VS10 parts diagram looks exactly like it, expect for the Pinnacle having an extra clicker drag washer 

In any case the AR bearing is most likely a Lego part and not unique to the reels manufactuer.  The drag disk could probably be had through smooth drag if you can measure the diameter in milimeters of the old drag disk and find a carbontex drag the same diameter.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, Maxximus Redneckus said:

Almost pflueger trion copy also ....is it made in korea??

Yes, marked Made In Korea. After a quick servicing inside it feels quite smooth again. Gonna make it my heavy froggin’ rig this year

Took it out to the softball field today since the lake had 2" of ice on it. I cast it a bunch of times and it really casts good! I hardly used it when new 20+ years ago (?) and so don't have a lot of memories of using it. But it cast great and I was really accurate with the 7' rod it was on. Thanks for the help!