I saw a story on the news on tv tonight about a PayPal scam. Someone has created what is a near perfect e-mail that looks like it came from PayPal but did not. People got scammed out of $3000 in merchandise thinking the money was with PayPal. Turned out to be a fake e-mail. If you deal with PayPal make sure everything is legit. Just thought I would let people know about this.

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up.

1 minute ago, tander said:

Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome.

There are a couple of version of those have been going for several years.  I probably get one at least once a year.  There are a couple of similar ones going for other things, I even get one on my bank. 

If I have any questions about the validity of them, I would never answer back on the email sent, no company is usually going to ask for personal info that way.  I close it out and log directly into the account involved to see if there are any massages or problems.  Then I call or email the company, most have fraud alert lines, and notify them I received a fraud message.  Some ask to have it forwarded to them, others just warn to delete it and DO NOT respond to it.

5 hours ago, Way2slow said:

There are a couple of version of those have been going for several years.  I probably get one at least once a year.  There are a couple of similar ones going for other things, I even get one on my bank. 

If I have any questions about the validity of them, I would never answer back on the email sent, no company is usually going to ask for personal info that way.  I close it out and log directly into the account involved to see if there are any massages or problems.  Then I call or email the company, most have fraud alert lines, and notify them I received a fraud message.  Some ask to have it forwarded to them, others just warn to delete it and DO NOT respond to it.

The one I saw on the news was such a good fake it had a security link an d if you clicked it check it it took you to PayPals actual website. If I remember right instead of PayPal it had Paylink or something very similar on it.

I just received an email from Paypal that said there may be a conflict with the available balance on my Paypal account and the click the link below to log in and check my balance. I just deleted it and went straight to the PP website and all was well. No way I was clicking that link.

I got that email, but didn't open it.