bwcaw

St Croix LTB 7’4 Heavy/Fast for Carolina Rig

Anybody got any input on the St Croix LTB 7’4 Hev/Fast? I want a real nice Carolina Rig Rod. Wonder if it’s to stout or if sensitivity will be fine....Sounds like the are discontinuing the 7’4 Med Hev “C Rig” rod. 

Not sure about that one but I have one of the older full cork models that was their C rig LTB rod at the time I'd sell if you're interested. It's a telescoping rod, 7' 6" MH/F

I sold my 7-4 LTB - I found it tip heavy and the extra weight fatiguing (5.4 oz!).  Went to a 7-4 Zolo Dragger, barely weighs over 4 ounces, plus balanced well.  Costs less than the LTB, but I would’ve paid more for it, it’s that light/sensitive and strong.  

Not a great rig rod.  Dobyns 735 in whatever model you want is good.  The venerable 70MHF taper St Croix is good as well.  A 735 taper/blank from Lamiglas is a great rig rod too.  Uribe Riverside M3 is a great rod for big rigs too.  I run a spiral wrapped 8ft NFC, the spiral wrap on a rod that you are long lining or dragging baits with feels really good.