scaleface

Rick Clunn reinventing himself

• Like 1

I have always fished for big bass early when fishing a tournament when my odds were good and switched to targeting 3 lb bass when needed to put 5 bass on the scale.

Clunn saying he targeted 2 lb bass surprised me because 10 lb limit rarely puts you in the money, the fact is he rarely missed getting a check!

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WRB said:

...Clunn saying he targeted 2 lb bass surprised me because 10 lb limit rarely puts you in the money...

Remember he started in the days of 10 fish limits, so a limit of 2lb fish beat six 3lbers.

• Like 2

Catch enough two lbers and bigger bass will eventually get hooked . 

1 hour ago, OCdockskipper said:

Remember he started in the days of 10 fish limits, so a limit of 2lb fish beat six 3lbers.

Most of Clunn's career the limit was 5 that dates back to 1980. His 1976/77 Classic wins the limit was 10, but Classic limits varied between 5, 6, 8 and 10 or whatever the state limits were back before 5 bass limits became standard.

Tom

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OCdockskipper said:

5 hours ago, WRB said:

Most of Clunn's career the limit was 5 that dates back to 1980. His 1976/77 Classic wins the limit was 10, but Classic limits varied between 5, 6, 8 and 10 or whatever the state limits were back before 5 bass limits became standard.

Tom

Rick Clunn was one of the original Hemphill Gang members, the limit back then in Texas was 15! 

• Thanks 1