Jump to content
Ksam1234

Should you size up for rain gear??

Recommended Posts

I’m about to order a pair of bibs to complete my rain gear Arsenal. The STORMR. Nano pants but I’m wondering if I should size up. I usually wear a size 36 jeans and they fit comfortable. The size chart shows that a Large is size 34-36 and an XL is 38-40. I’m wondering if sizing up is better if I’m going to be layering underneath .. or just go with the L size 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ksam1234 said:

I’m about to order a pair of bibs to complete my rain gear Arsenal. The STORMR. Nano pants but I’m wondering if I should size up. I usually wear a size 36 jeans and they fit comfortable. The size chart shows that a Large is size 34-36 and an XL is 38-40. I’m wondering if sizing up is better if I’m going to be layering underneath .. or just go with the L size 

 Ensure they have free returns (perhaps place your order over the phone). 

Then, order two sizes - keep the one that fits the best (layer with what you expect to wear) & return the other.

That's what mail order is all about & good customer service looks like.

Good Luck

Nice Bibbs btw. 

A-Jay

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best bet is to go into a store and try something out with your clothes on. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most definitely size up so you can get the stuff on quickly and easily.  Because of the heat in Florida I use Frogg Toggs and up size so I can put layers under in case it gets cool.  Has worked great for me for years. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@A-Jay has the right idea.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Brew City Bass said:

Best bet is to go into a store and try something out with your clothes on. 

this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lo n slo said:

this

The stores around here don’t carry the bibs I’m looking at or I would.. I wish more tackle stores around here had stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some brands "size up" their outerwear with the expectation that people will be wearing layers under them, a quick email to STORMR should let you know about the exact bibs you are looking at.  

 

I have two pieces from them, a pair of bibs and a surf top, and both are cut to allow layering, but not to the extreme like a ski jacket could be.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fishwizzard said:

Some brands "size up" their outerwear with the expectation that people will be wearing layers under them, a quick email to STORMR should let you know about the exact bibs you are looking at.  

 

I have two pieces from them, a pair of bibs and a surf top, and both are cut to allow layering, but not to the extreme like a ski jacket could be.  

Well thanks , I think I will give them a call tomorrow and if anything I’ll take ajays advice and order 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try it on if at all possible. I wear a 34-36 and I went with XL bibs and they are great when I layer (also getting them over shoes). I wear XL tops (I like beer) and I ordered a 2X jacket. It's way too big. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With most stores return policy, I'd just order them then and send em back if they don't fit :) 

I don't think you'll have a problem. My ice fishing bibs are the same size I buy my clothes in (too d**n big), but they're made baggier and meant to fit over your pants / shirt. My rain jacket is the same.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...