Does anyone know any thing about these rods? In Particular the Shurman 50 G for throwing topwater baits. Never heard of them until yesterday when I came across their website.

There's a bunch of dudes in my area that are on their pro staff so they are always pumping them up on social media. One of my fishing buddies is a WD "pro staffer". 

I do know the 50 Gs are 50/50 glass to graphite. My buddy uses one for swim jigs and chatterbaits. Not sure about top water.  

I have no clue where WD gets their blanks from.. their owner kinda says all over the place. They don't use just one blank supplier.  I believe they use all Alps components. The rods seem nice, but they are definitely a small company who's making a more premium product. 

I have the 6ft.10 Surman 50G in the MH. The workmanship in the thing is outstanding . Like was said its a blended blank but I can't think of any moving bait I wouldn't use it for.

I think the MH is a little bit too tight for a stickbait like the 110 but it would work.

Great spinner bait rod... anything 3/8 and up.

Really like the double locking reel seat. As clean as the build is and as good as it fishes it's well worth the asking price.

It will toss a spook or vixen a mile and the action is good for walking baits. I can throw a wiggle wart on it as far as on the rods I normally use for them.

2 hours ago, BigBass'n_Harrison said:

I had never heard of them before this thread, but I went to their website and d**n those are some expensive rods 😂 cheapest one looks to be $230. Yikes!

They always run codes.

9 hours ago, rangerjockey said:

I have the 6ft.10 Surman 50G in the MH. The workmanship in the thing is outstanding . Like was said its a blended blank but I can't think of any moving bait I wouldn't use it for.

I think the MH is a little bit too tight for a stickbait like the 110 but it would work.

Great spinner bait rod... anything 3/8 and up.

Really like the double locking reel seat. As clean as the build is and as good as it fishes it's well worth the asking price.

It will toss a spook or vixen a mile and the action is good for walking baits. I can throw a wiggle wart on it as far as on the rods I normally use for them.

I'm in the market for a rod to mainly throw top water moving baits on. There is so much to choose from and found this interesting. Thanks for the info.

No problem, If your a Table rock guy your going to be throwing a spook , sexy dawg and the ol' redfin a bunch and would be just about perfect for it.

I have a Mega Dawg on mine right now, It will overload the rod some but still works.

It's nice to be able to use it for spinnerbaits and buzzbaits too..

Mine wasn't $230, I think $190.

2 hours ago, rangerjockey said:

No problem, If your a Table rock guy your going to be throwing a spook , sexy dawg and the ol' redfin a bunch and would be just about perfect for it.

I have a Mega Dawg on mine right now, It will overload the rod some but still works.

It's nice to be able to use it for spinnerbaits and buzzbaits too..

Mine wasn't $230, I think $190.

Yes sir, A Table Rock fisherman I am. Thanks again

I borrowed one peacock fishing earlier this year. It was a spinning rod surman 50G graphite/fiberglass blend. Definitely a good rod for treble hook baits and stands up to tough fish without needing to finesse them for fear of breakage.  

2 hours ago, Dwight Hottle said:

I borrowed one peacock fishing earlier this year. It was a spinning rod surman 50G graphite/fiberglass blend. Definitely a good rod for treble hook baits and stands up to tough fish without needing to finesse them for fear of breakage.  

My highschool is sponsored by them so I have felt all of the series. A friend of mine has a 6'6" MH 50G he uses for jerkbaits. Pretty nice stick, not too overpowered for jerks. I was looking at the 6'10" M for jerks myself.