Can anyone recommend a good hook guide, that gives size and type recommendations for drop shotting and various plastics?  Thanks.

Not a bad question, but it is going to be tough to get a good answer.  Hook preferences aren't much more cut and dried than rod types or favorite lines. 

Hard to suggest a 'best drop shot hook' for example, because you might 'need' a small circle-type and nose-hook a bait, and I might use a heavy wire 4/0 EWG for bubba shotting. 

One thing I've read a few times here on BR that I somewhat rely on:  Use a hook with a gap approximately double the thickness of your plastic -- gives room for bunching up and sliding around while still getting the point set past the barb.

I've used lots of very satisfactory brands through the years and wouldn't disparage any brands except maybe Matzuo or BPS.  However, I've gotten a bit finicky in my old age and if there's an Owner hook that will do the job well, I'm using it.  There are just so very few applications I use that I cannot find an Owner that will do it well and give me confidence.

This is a decent enough article to get someone started, but I'd guess you already know much of it:

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/Fishinghooks.html

Echoing @Choporoz, it's a matter of personal preference.

Saying that...I'll use a #1 for anything 5" and under and a 2/0 for larger. Except if I use a Rage Claw (4")...then I'll use a 2/0 with that because of the 'bulk'.

There is no standards in hook sizes, so only general recommendations can be made. My advise is to find the baits you want to use and find the hook(s) that work best. I usually bring along 2-1/0 drop shot, 1/0-3/0 round bend, 3/0-5/0 wide gap hooks, and 4/0 and 5/0 flipping hooks. That will cover most baits,

Good question without an easy answer.

The same soft plastics can be rigged differently complicating the answer further.

Nose hooked drop shot finnese worms between 4" to 6" I use size 1 Gamakatsu or Owner drop shot hooks with light line spinning tackle

Weedless rigged drop shot worms 5" to 6" I use Owner 5133 down shot hook size 1/0, same light line spinning tackle. I also use this hook for split/slip shot rig.

Wacky rigged Senkos and nail weight worms 5172 Owner size 2/0.

Standard baitcasting with weedless rigged 6 ro 7 1/2" standard body dia worms I use Owner 5100 size 3/0 straight shank worm hooks. With larger 8" to 10" worms 5103 or 5167 size 4/0 or 5/0 depending on the worm dia ( 2X the worm dia min for the hook gap size).

That covers the majority of hook sizes to worms I use.

Tom

Guide

drop shot, Gamakatsu Drop shot or Owner Mosquito size 1

drop shot or slip shot, Weedless, Owner 5133 size 1/0

wacky rig Senko, Owner 5172 size 2/0

T-rig worms, 6"-7 1/2", Owner 5100 size 3/0

T-rigged worms, 8" to 10", Owner 5103 or 5167 size 4/0 ot 5/0.

• Like 2