Sign in to follow this  
snapper G

2 guys in a 10 foot john boat

I'm 5'7" and the other guy is 5'5". Our poles are 6'6". 2 small tackle boxes. So will still work, will their enough room or will it be a tight squeeze? :-?

It will work for sure.  My experience has been it's real hard for both people to stand up.  Maybe my jon was of different dimensions?

yeah...it'll work, I fish out of a 10ft JB with my buddy, we bring 3 rods each, it can get tight but it'll work tho....like others have mentioned

watch your casts.

Sure it'll work snapperG, you get used to the distances etc. and adjust accordingly.....When I was younger, I threw my 10 ft'r in the back of the truck and fished every state in the South with one of my Bud's over and extended length of time.

Just be safe and wear PFD's

Big O

You guys are brave!! lol

CAN it be done? Of course.

Is it a great idea? Not in my opinion.

Too much risk to have too much money sink to the bottom. Gunnels are too low, someone, something or both could go in with 1 wrong move.

Don't get me wrong, plenty of people do it and do it fine, the above testaments are proof positive but as an avid jon boater, I would not recommend it to a friend. I would say ok for now but only till you can get a 12

I would recommend a 10 to someone who fishes alone, in small water or to someone who needs a row boat for a mooring.  

Just my .02

I speak from experience (or at least my from my dad's jaw...) It doesn't matter if the bass are blowing up behind the boat - Don't cast over your partner's head, or have him in your back cast. Murphy and his law show up in boats, too. Turn the boat first ;)

We have a rule of 45's now - look at your partner, and from 45 to the left and right off are off limits to both forward and backwards - but especially backwards.

The width of 10 footer is sooo important for stability. The wider the better.

Big O

I fish with Tokyo Tony in an 8' grumman Rowboat and theres plenty of room and my boat is very stable with both of us standing.

its all in the hull design.

and plenty of room

You should be fine, just make sure to strap down your equipment in case you do flip. Oh and wear your PFDs as well. Dont take any chances anything can happen.