Jump to content

Any fishing spots in San Francisco?


TheEnderBoi

Recommended Posts

Fresh water for bass, Lake Merced is where you might give it a try. Hi’s Tackle would be a good resource. And welcome to Bass Resource and the Forums 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Lexington and Loch Loman near Los Gatos.

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Darth-Baiter said:

Crap. Lake Merced.  That’s the one.  Merrit is in Oakland. 

True dat @Darth-Baiter and Lake Merritt is pretty much salt water as it is connected to the estuary. Back in the day stripers would be waiting for the smelt/bait on the outgoing tide over by Laney College. Wouldn’t think of trying to fish there now for a multitude of reasons...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J._Bricker said:

True dat @Darth-Baiter and Lake Merritt is pretty much salt water as it is connected to the estuary. Back in the day stripers would be waiting for the smelt/bait on the outgoing tide over by Laney College. Wouldn’t think of trying to fish there now for a multitude of reasons...

Worked in downtown Oakland for several years before retiring. Used to walk around Lake Merritt. Can’t remember seeing a fish, dead or alive. Do remember people fishing it many years ago for stripers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2021 at 8:16 PM, J._Bricker said:

Fresh water for bass, Lake Merced is where you might give it a try. Hi’s Tackle would be a good resource. And welcome to Bass Resource and the Forums 

Well yes I went to lake merced a few times. I personally fish to not have to pay for seafood anymore. But recently like last week, I went there and I saw a sign saying there was this harmful algae in the water. So by any chance theres other lakes, ponds, rivers i can go to, that would be great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TheEnderBoi said:

Well yes I went to lake merced a few times. I personally fish to not have to pay for seafood anymore. But recently like last week, I went there and I saw a sign saying there was this harmful algae in the water. So by any chance theres other lakes, ponds, rivers i can go to, that would be great

Ah, regarding the algae warning I’d just keep your dog away from the water. The Delta has had the black blue green algae for years thanks to the way the powers that be manage it. Not to mention the amount of “safe” herbicides including Roundup that is sprayed and dumped is head scratching.

 

As for subsistence fishing, just spitballing here, maybe check out the Pacifica pier or the Princeton harbor/rock jetty. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hop on the bike. ride to bart or take the bus. take bart to coliseum.  Take bus to Lake Chabot. Rent boat and catch big largies. Or take Bus to San Pablo Reservoir and rent kayak and catch spotted bass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oh almost forgot. you can take golden gate transit. from civic center to fairfax and bike to the marin lakes as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surf/pier fishing is the way to go on that peninsula, freshwater options are pretty much non-existent.   You don't need a surf pole either, use your longest spinning rod and rinse your rod/reel down well after each outing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/29/2021 at 9:23 PM, Darth-Baiter said:

Lake Merrit?  There is the ocean.  Surf perch nirvana down at ocean beach. 

uh thats in oakland and certainly has no bass in it. it would be a miracle if someone caught a bass out of lake merrit. 

east bay has a lot of options but you gonna have to drive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
17 minutes ago, zeth said:

uh thats in oakland and certainly has no bass in it. it would be a miracle if someone caught a bass out of lake merrit. 

east bay has a lot of options but you gonna have to drive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See my post above where I realized my error. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



  • Outboard Engine

    Outboard Engine

    fishing forum

    fishing forum

    fishing tackle

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.