Sign in to follow this  
northgabassfisher

new shimano core 100mg and stradic 2500 FI

i just got the new core 100mg and the stradic 2500 FI and got two new gloomis rods to go with them. all i got to say is i will sell all of my chronarchs for that core that thing is sweet its a little bit more then the chronarchs though thats the only bad thing the will cost you $350. and the stradic FI its pretty nice i love the new propulsion spool it has help stop line twist. but i though i would let yall know about then in case you decide to buy one

I would like to hear more about the Core after you fish it awhile. I'm planning on putting one on a custom PR844C. I'm really leaning toward the 100MGFV. Why did you choose the 100MG?

I am seriously looking at one of those Core reels as well.  Let us know what you think.

i did not want the 7:1 ratio b/c im using it for bladed baits and i just dont really like to burn a spinnerbait or buzzbait all that much. ive had the core for about a 2 months (a little befor they hit the market) the drag seems really smooth and it will cast a country mile, i know there is a big difference but it reminds me of fishing with a calais to tell you the truth. its the perfect sized reel to not to big like the cu200 but not tiny like a 50mg its just right.

Thanks for the reply.

I was originally planning on buying the Chronarch, but the Core has my attention. Please post another review later, I know there are several guys eyeing this reel.

8-)