Sign in to follow this  
The_Natural

My Legend Tournaments arrived...

I couldn't pass up Tackle Warehouse knocking these down to $154.99.  Stats are...

Rod #1-   7'10"   'Magnum Cranker'   Heavy Power/Moderate Action   12-25lb line   1/2-1 3/8oz    rod weight 4.6ozs  msrp $250

Rod #2-   7'11"   'Big Gulp'   Heavy Power/Moderate Fast Action   14-30lb line   1/2-2oz    rod weight 4.8ozs   msrp $280

Here is my review and today's fishing report...

http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=023409#000000

Are those yellow EVA foam grips?

They look goooooood.

No, just colored foregrip covers I put on all my rods.  Thanks for the compliment.  I really didn't need any new rods,  but I am worse than a woman when it comes to something being on sale.  

Nice rods and I'd say you got a good deal! Of course, the new Legend Tournaments will be out soon. They've got a redesigned handle with exposed blank. Much like the handle on the Carrot Stix actually, but with cork instead of foam. (I believe it is foam on the Carrot Stix. I haven't actually had one in my hand though.)

Cool rods  ;)

I have been waiting for my local Gander Mountain to put them on sale.  They are loaded with St. Croix rods, especially the Avids but they do have a full line of the Legend Tournaments.  Dicks is now sold out of the clearance rods by me so hopefully they will be on sale soon.

Nice rods and I'd say you got a good deal! Of course, the new Legend Tournaments will be out soon. They've got a redesigned handle with exposed blank. Much like the handle on the Carrot Stix actually, but with cork instead of foam. (I believe it is foam on the Carrot Stix. I haven't actually had one in my hand though.)

's

Yes...the new LT's will have a split grip.  I think they look neat, but most split grips have felt tip heavy to me (except for the Steez rods I had).  I guess it is all in the balance point.  The blank exceeded my expectations in weight and sensitivity...I'm really happy.  Sure I dress up my rods with my little foregrip covers and the little band that seals my rod wrap, but I have never really considered buying a reel due to its color, but I'm seriously considering buying a blue reel or having two of my TD-Z's painted.  I just can't help it...it would look pretty sweet with Viento or blue daiwa smak.

Oooo! A Viento would look sweet on a Legend Tourney. ;D Also happens to be a pretty nice reel.

I also do prefer the normal grips instead of the split grips. The split grips do look cool, but looking cool isn't cool if you don't like how it feels or performs. ;) I was actually kind of surprised that St. Croix will be doing the split grips now.

I like what you do with your rods. It shows you have a little pride in your equipment. Not to get off topic but those Flappin Hogs are killer on jigs aren't they?  BTW,  Thanks Again.

I'm with you man.  I need more rods like I need another hole in the head.  Nice rods by the way!