Sign in to follow this  
Trent, B

Best Knot for Braid line?

I too prefer the palomar on everything except Floro.   Sometimes the cranks are a pain with it but I don't use them with my braid set ups unless I'm in a pinch.

I agree.  When I am using briad I wrap the line through the eye twice.  

Everyone has a diffierent opinion on knots and line, here are my choices for bass fishing;

Mono & fluoro-hybrid: tying hooks or small lures without treble hooks, Palomar knot, spinnerbaits and crankbaits tied direct; Uni-knot.

Fluorocarbon; Uni-knot

Braid; direct to lure use the braid knot or Uni-knot, Mono/fluoro lline to braid use the Uni-knot.

Superbraids can have a Teflon coating and this can cause a Palomar knot to slip if tied to a heavy hook or lure with .046 diameter wire or greater.

see http://www.sportsmanschoice.com/terminal_tackle_knots.htm for a good knot tying reference source.

WRB

I use a lot of braid and used to have a problem with the line breaking at the knot.  Palomar works well, but I prefer to use the knot I grew up using - the Uni Knot.  The only difference with braid is you have to loop the line through the eye twice, like infidel said.  If you don't do this, you'll have problems.  To tie braid to flouro/mono use the double Uni Knot.  These knots work like charm and are, not that it matters, the most beautiful-looking knots.

I do a trilene knot with braid BUT i use superglue after it is tightened never had one slip.SUPER GLUE RULES for more then just line also

Great information roadwarrior. Thanks for sharing.

Falcon