Sign in to follow this  
5bass

G Loomis GLX BCR803

Any of you guys in the Loomis posse have one of these? Anybody ever used one? I have a chance to get one but would like some feedback first. I would be using this for casting jigs mainly.

Great rod.  Have used mine both on Smallies and Largemouth.  I have used T-rigged soft plastics and jigs up to 3/8 oz in weight.  Sensitivity is scary and there is more than ample strength for the hookset.  Also great to know that if it breaks, no matter what the reason with no haggling, for $50 I get a new rod, period.

MBR844C GLX - My favorite rod, and awesome for jigs! Can cast 3/8oz jigs with ease, up to 3/4oz with ease.

MBR844C GLX - My favorite rod, and awesome for jigs! Can cast 3/8oz jigs with ease, up to 3/4oz with ease.

Need info on the BCR803....the MBR843C and 844C have already been ordered. :)

Jeezus christ dude, you really got bit hard by the loomis bug. what is this number 10 in the past week? and all GLXs. Why can't you be my dad!?!?

ATTA BOY!!! That's the way to do it. FULL THROTTLE!!! ;D

I have a BCR803 and it is my favorite rod.  It is by far the most sensitive GLX rod I own.  I use a either a Shimano Calcutta 251 or a Daiwa Zillion on this rod.  It is great for weightless Senkos and Ikas.  As others have stated the Recoil Guides are not the best for braid but work fine if you don't mind the sound it makes.  When it comes to jigs this rod is also outstanding.  You can use some light weight jigs with a trailer and the feel of it bouncing off the bottom is amazing.  I never thought I could tell the difference between rocks, twigs, stumps, etc.  When it comes to hook sets, the extra fast tip makes it a no brainer.  I caught a 5lb largemouth last weekend that I would not have felt it bite if it had not been for this rod.  I have gotten to the point were I don't usually watch my line, I just let the rod tell me what's happening.  

I would not hesitate buying this rod again and I would highly recommend it.

I have a BCR803 and it is my favorite rod. It is by far the most sensitive GLX rod I own. I use a either a Shimano Calcutta 251 or a Daiwa Zillion on this rod. It is great for weightless Senkos and Ikas. As others have stated the Recoil Guides are not the best for braid but work fine if you don't mind the sound it makes. When it comes to jigs this rod is also outstanding. You can use some light weight jigs with a trailer and the feel of it bouncing off the bottom is amazing. I never thought I could tell the difference between rocks, twigs, stumps, etc. When it comes to hook sets, the extra fast tip makes it a no brainer. I caught a 5lb largemouth last weekend that I would not have felt it bite if it had not been for this rod. I have gotten to the point were I don't usually watch my line, I just let the rod tell me what's happening.

Wow!

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

That's a review.

8-)

I have the BSR version I use for plastics, small spinners, and a few 'eye applications. By far my favorite rod, but I wish there was a spinning version that's rated for up to 1/2oz. I'm not sure why the spinning version is rated so much lower. Must be considered "finesse" rod.

I have a BCR803 and it is my favorite rod. It is by far the most sensitive GLX rod I own. I use a either a Shimano Calcutta 251 or a Daiwa Zillion on this rod. It is great for weightless Senkos and Ikas. As others have stated the Recoil Guides are not the best for braid but work fine if you don't mind the sound it makes. When it comes to jigs this rod is also outstanding. You can use some light weight jigs with a trailer and the feel of it bouncing off the bottom is amazing. I never thought I could tell the difference between rocks, twigs, stumps, etc. When it comes to hook sets, the extra fast tip makes it a no brainer. I caught a 5lb largemouth last weekend that I would not have felt it bite if it had not been for this rod. I have gotten to the point were I don't usually watch my line, I just let the rod tell me what's happening.

Wow!

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

That's a review.

8-)

Thanks Fish Tank. I'm still officially 'thinking' about it but I'll probably end up buying it.

I own the 803 and 804.  I basically liked my 803 so much I purchased the 804 soon after.  The best word that describes the 803 is agility.   It is the perfect rod to give 1/8-1/2oz T-rigged plastics or jigs the most action you can give them, whether it be swimming, shaking, bottom bumping, or quick drags.  When you pick it up, the weight and balance just make you want to whip it around like a light saber.    It is awesome for working flukes or twitching Senkos.    It is probably the most versatile rod of the BCR lineup.  It shouldn't be much of a decision process  :).   The BCR803 was the first BCR that Tackle Tour tested, and Zander claimed it was "The most sensitive rod I've ever fished with."  Ditto my friend...ditto.