Sign in to follow this  
Chris at Tech

source for trial spools

All,

I've recently gravitated towards using braid with mono leader on several of my outfits, and I'm liking it.  C-rigging has also moved up the list of techniques for me as well.  Both these techniques require leaders of some sort.  Problem is I don't want to take an 300 yd spool in several different lb tests for these situations.

Are there any sources where I can get a few 'trial sized' spools (100 yds and under) of P-Line that I can carry along for making leaders?

Or short of that, does anyone have any suggestions or tricks for carrying along leader materials of different strengths?

Or short of that, does anyone have any suggestions or tricks for carrying along leader materials of different strengths?

Use the cardboard core of a roll of toliet paper. Make a small cut with a knife. Tie a knot in both ends of your leader line and wrap it around the cardboard, inserting the line at the end knots. You can pre-cut all the leaders you need and they are ready to go without tangle or mess. For storage, keep the roll in a plastic sandwich bag.

Toilet paper/paper towel cores will work, if you want to be a little more fancy, 'Eye fisherman have special holders for snells/Lindy rigs that are designed specifically to hold pre-rigged leaders.

Hey Chris, I've found out recently that most companies are really generous if you just ask. You can usually find a rep or contact on their web site and then just shoot them an e-mail or call. I'm trying to set up a tournament and have had good luck aquiring product by just talking directly to someone and being honest. It's worth a shot. Sufix sent me a TON of line for free. More than I'll need for this tourny.