Sign in to follow this  
Bassaholic84

revo s or citica

getting new baitcast reel and cant decide between abu garcia revo s or shimano citica anybody have any suggestions

You will surely get a whole boat load of advice on both reels. I own 5 of the Revo STX and never have owned a Shimano. So I am quite partial to the Revo's.

My advice to you would be to look at both up on the BPS web site and look at all the reviews that have been posted for both reels. I did notice that the Shimano has 5 bearings and the Revo has 9. A little bit of difference in price and both have rebates running. Shimano has the better rebate.

I found the best price for reels (both) on a site: http://www.baitnhook.net. Got my last Revo from them and the service was quick.

Shortbasser

I have a Revo S and its great. I have never used a shimano reel (that might change after i save up some moolah) but the Revo is my first baitcaster and i love it. now i use my BC more than my spinning stuff!

I would take the rod that your gonna put it on and see what feels best. The citica with the rebate would be cheaper but youll be happy with what ever you choose. :o

Revo S, hands down. I owned the Citica 201D & it's heavy feeling b/c reel. I owned the older Curado 201 & that was much lighter to cast all day. I liked the Citica 201D but it was just not comfortable to cast all day.

The Revo S is lighter & has a more lower profile feeling than the Citica. The Citica felt much taller than the Revo S. It's a very comfortable reel to cast all day. I have that reel & am very happy w/ it. I have mine loaded w/ 40 lb PP braid & the Revo S spools the line easily, so did the Citica. I just like the feel & weight of the Revo S-L,

I tried the Revo SX & the braking was not what I expected, the braking is a bit squirrely. I'm used to the mag braking of Daiwa b/c reels & the Revo SX is nowhere close to that, the Revo SX mag brake is not as refined as a Daiwa b/c mag braking.  I got a few backlashes & it was just not easy to fine tune the spool tension & the mag brake.

Also, check w/ Cabelas, call one of the stores. They have the Revo S for $90. I was at the one in Hammon, IN today & say they had them on sale. BPS has them for $110.

If you do have a chance to try both out, you'll notice what I am talking about.

thanks guys i think im going to go with the revo im also a beginner and what about daiwa suggestions in that price range

Daiwa Exceler, $70.  All aluminum body, magforce Z braking, free spool, 6.3:1 gear ratio, 28" ipt, 8.8 oz, 140 yds of 12 lb, swept handle similar to the Zillion & Advantage.

Oh heck, here's a link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0053680123049a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=daiwa+exceler&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=daiwa+exceler&noImage=0

I have the lefty version & am very happy w/ the reel.