Sign in to follow this  
dave

Shimano Sustain 3000

I don't know if this has been posted yet.  I haven't seen it.  At the show in Timonium MD a few weeks ago,  the Shimano reps were handing this DVD to people.  It ran on VERSUS and is on You Tube.  Fish caught while fishing for bait on a Crucial and a 3000 series Sustain.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_flMdQeJhMc

That was an amazing catch. I guess the Suffix braid done its job. He was lucky to have caught that fish. Not because of possible line breakiage, but because he almost got spooled. I would be willing to bet he had 20-30 pound braid on that reel. Anyway still a great catch. Makes me want to out some 15-20 pound braid on my 4000 Symtre and go trolling along the beach next summer. We have King Mackeral that move right off the Beach in the late summer, but last summer seemed to be the year of the Sailfish. Had numerous ones caught 2-3 miles off the beach and few caught off piers.

TS

I have a Sustain 2500 and it is an awesome reel but it takes a really experienced angler and a pretty good guy driving the boat to pull off a stunt like that on such a small reel.

I have a Sustain 2500 and it is an awesome reel but it takes a really experienced angler and a pretty good guy driving the boat to pull off a stunt like that on such a small reel.

I agree.  Larry Dalhberg has been chasing big fish for years. When I was King Mackeral fishing alot, it was very rare that my buudy and I lost a fish due to breaking off or spitting the hook, because were a team and knew what the other was doing as far as driving and fighingt a fish. Lost more to Sharks or Baracudas than anything

TS