Sign in to follow this  
ghost

8 Lb CXX P-Line On A Stradic 2500FI???

I know the 2500FI can take in 140 yds of 8 lb line, but will 8 lb CXX P-Line handle well on this reel? It's not too stiff that it will jump off the spool like flouro line?

I'm going to be ordering some 6 lb & 8 lb Yozuri Hybrid Ultrasoft, but that won't be for a couple weeks.

I'm getting curious about this line. The last months Bass and Walleye Boat Magazine they had line tests with abrasion, knot strength, and overall strenght and CXX smoked them all.  :-/

I haven't tried 8lb CXX on my spinning gear...but I routinely use it on my casting gear.  I have (2) 6'8" Croix LT's that get paired with Team Daiwa Z's with 8lb CXX, and I also alternate it with fluoro on my bcr852/pixy combo.  I'll say on my 852 combo...it doesn't matter what fluoro I use...they are no match for the CXX.  CXX is the Jack Daniels 'straight up' of fishing lines.  It is a no-nonsense line...

Tin,

I quit fishing every other line once I had fished P-line CXX for about a month.  I'm sure there is other great lines, but this stuff is tough.

Matt

Tin,

I quit fishing every other line once I had fished P-line CXX for about a month. I'm sure there is other great lines, but this stuff is tough.

Matt

Huh, thanks for the info Matt, definatley going to have to give it a shot. BPS has mono and copoly, which one should I try?

I always thought that P-line CXX came in copoly.  I could be an idiot hear and completly wrong, but I didn't know they made 2 versions of it.  I've never investigated it much b/c I took a lake fork guides suggestion on it and have been so happy i've never looked back.  The only one i've ever bought comes in a light green box.  Even though I just buy the bulk spools now.

i use p-line cx and cxx and it's about the toughest stuff i've come across. Very managable too. i alway use copoly for the strength and if im not mistaken i believe its got a smaller diameter.

In response to fishtank it should be noted that i've only used it on baitcasters.

I fished P-Line 6 & 8 lb CXX for several years and really liked it...until I found Yo-Zuri Hybrid and later, Yo-Zuyri Hybrid Ultra Soft. CXX is no stronger, but is much stiffer and is especially unweildy in cold weather. Memory, coiling and "jumpy" line is particularly annoying on spinning tackle. I would never go back.

8-)