Sign in to follow this  
low_pro

What kind of reel is this??

A friend of mine gave this reel to me and he said it was a pflueger, but there isn't a name on it? I was thinking it was a BPS reel. Anyone know?

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

Guest muddy

Cant say for sure, it's been some time since I have seen one but it resembles the older Cabelas Prestige Round Reel, maybe someone else knows better, but it may be .

The cap over the center of the crank handle reminds me of an Okuma reel.  They currently make a round reel that color.

I think if it was Pflueger or another name brand it would have their logo somewhere, correct?

It does look similar to the Cabela's, but there's not a Cabela's within 3 states from here. ;)

Does anyone know if Bass Pro made one similar? It is great for hoisting big bass out of cover and is very smooth with 6 bearings, I just wish I knew what it was??? :)

Guest muddy

Cabelas may have shipped it Via Catalog. There was at one time a gold colored BPS gold House Branded Round Reel , I don't think it had those holes in the sideplate that the Cabelas reeel has.

It kinda looks like a bps reel. But Okouna makes one that looks similar like Olebiker said. I can't belive they didn't put their logo on it...... :-?

want to sell it? ;)

I would take it off the rod and look at the bottom of the reel mount to see if it has a name or number stamped on it.  But it does remind me of an Okuma as well but I have not seen them in a store in a few years.

Guest muddy

This is the newer version of The Cabelas Prestiege the older one looks like what you have posted. BPS had a similar reel back a while ago and I do not remeber the name of it

post-0-130162924936_thumb.jpg

woo hoo!!  

i guess mine would be the newer version with 6 bearings instead of 5? or just a different model all together?