Sign in to follow this  
jwo1124

Need a new Striper reel

I am looking for a new spinning reel for this up coming striper season. I am going to be putting it on a Ugly Stik tiger Lite 7' H 14-40# line. I will mos tlikely be using 17-20# test. Looking so spend around $60-80, will go higher if need to, but preferably not.

I am mostly a striper fisherman! The Shimano Stradic 4000 is what my partner bought for clients he guides. The line capacity is perfect and the reel is strong, smooth, silent and reliant.

I fish a baitcaster for striper.

8-)

Striper fishing is my main game so I can give some imput. I agree, a 4000 series Shimano is the way to go! In your price range, try to find last years FH Stradic. Killer reels for the money, I use these at night. I only use spinning at night, Casting reels during the day. Just me, but that's what works. For casting plugs, flukes and ect with spinning tackle check out the Castaway HG-40 Heavy Action Spinning Rod. This is the best heavy action spinning rod on the market!!! PS...they don't have it listed on the website. Tons of backbone but will launce a 3/8 jighead fluke a mile.

Penn Slammer 360-560, depending on the size you prefer.  Maybe the best spinning reels out there for saltwater striper fishing.  

Penn Slammer