Sign in to follow this  
boomdigity

Berkley Sensation Line

I was wondering if anyone here has used or is using Berkley's Sensation Line in 12# or 14# on a baitcaster? If so, please let me know what you liked or dislike about it. I just put some 4# on my ultra light spinning reel for hard jerks and hard minnows. I like it for this application but from past experiance sometimes when you go up in # the line can behave diffrently. I will be using the baitcaster for all my spinners, cranks, and heavy jigs. I only have two rods because I shore fish most of the time because for time constraints. So my two rods wear alot of hats and I need a line that will handle most of the applications well. I the past I have use Trilene XL in 6 and 10 for this but want the sensitivity with out having to go to a flouro.

Welcome aboard!

It's been awhile, but Sensation was one of the worst lines I ever recall using. The line breaks easily and cannot be trusted. I visited the website and notice "NEW!"  Well, so the new may be a different line, but burnt once, I will not try the "new".

(Same goes for Vanish)

::(

My dad and I used it for a few years. I think I've had 1 or 2 line breaks with it. My dad on the other had 2 years ago broke off constantly when he was drop shotting in pretty open water. We've since stopped using it.

I just tested on lunch today and caught a nice 3.5 # lm with my ultra light w/ 4# test on a jig and pig. I actually felt it pick it up with a little slack in the line amazing. I am going to try the 12# on my baitcaster this weekend. A 8$ box of line isn't going to break the bank.

OMG... go respool

It will give you the sensation of sadness and frustration because your fish and tackle will vanish.

Both suck. So bad in fact that I will never fish Trilene again.    >:(

Yo Zuri, P-line CXX, IZOR XXX are good lines.  

I believe sensation is a mono not fluoro. I don't have any faith in flouro after the most expense season I ever had last year.

I have used 17# on my Crig outfit for 3 or 4 years and like it just fine.

I bought two spools of it way back and both were just horrible.  It had the worst memory and this line cost me more lost fish and lures than any line I have ever used.  I had used XL for years and wanted to try something different from Berkley.  Big mistake.

However, I will give a big thumbs up for their new 100% Professional Fluorocarbon.  Great line and it is the only fluoro. that lives up to the hype.

I'm not sure where all the negativity comes from but I love the stuff.  All it took was for me to catch a 5lb smallmouth in current on 6lb Sensation and I was hooked.  I have not had any breakoff problems or memory problems.  I actually use it on most of my spinning rods instead of Fluro since it doesn't have memory problems like some Fluro does.  I love it!  I can also pull my 20' Skeeter with 6lb.

Before I switched to P-Line, Sensation was the only line I would use!  It is a very good line and I reccomend it to anyone who is just started into fishing.