Sign in to follow this  
bassripper2000

Curado 100 and Daiwa Sol/Alphas

So I was thinkin of pullin the trigger on a Sol or Alpha 103.  Are these reels comaporable to the Shimano Curado 100D.  

I have a 100 D already, but wanted to know if the Daiwa's will perform better in any aspect.

Lookin to go light... :)

Good luck on getting a purple alphas for under 250 the daiwa will out pitch the curado and the alpha is lighter

Spelling is not their strong suit, either.

::)

http://yastrading.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_27&products_id=173

194 :)

Dunno though, seems Phishy... ya digg... too good to be true.

WARNING !!!!!!

That site raises a huge red flag.

I'm not so sure.  The prices are good, but not so cheap they are unrealistic.  A lot of them are very close to ebay prices.  Plus, they prefer paypal...which completely protects you and makes it seem unrealistic that they would be able to maintain a paypal account if they weren't legit.  We should know fairly soon.  I've got some money hanging out in my paypal account, and I could use an alphas type f for $170

I have seen this site come up in a few discussions on other boards.  From what I have seen, I think they are legit.  They work along the same lines as Bass Japan, having huge warehouses stocked with excess tackle.  Decent prices but most of the reels can be had for cheaper prices from reputable JDM tackle dealers.  Look around and don't get in a hurry, that's when you will screw up.  For the record, I got a NIB Alphas for this spring for $169.00.  Just shop a little.

I have seen this site come up in a few discussions on other boards.

And the common denominator of those discussions indicate that the place is not a good place to risk your money.

So I was thinkin of pullin the trigger on a Sol or Alpha 103. Are these reels comaporable to the Shimano Curado 100D.

I have a 100 D already, but wanted to know if the Daiwa's will perform better in any aspect.

Lookin to go light... :)

I owned both the Curado 100D and the Sol. I think both cast great. The Sol with the fast acting spool was a problem for me. I cast with a lot of force and overpowered the Sol, spool speed was just to fast for me. I was able to cast both with down to 3/16 -1/4 oz lures the Sol just backlasehed a bit too much for me. Hope this helps.

I have both and prefer the Curado over the Alphas. I have big hands and the Alphas is hard for me to hold onto when fighting a fish. Both cast great, however I prefer the Curado. If your looking for a drastic improvement over the Curado I think you will be disappointed .

T