Sign in to follow this  
Micro

I went out to buy the Revo Winch, but...

...ended up with this.  Hard to justify a Winch for $200 when I can get a brand new 200DPV on clearance for under $150.   I've been casting the Elite Tech with a Revo.  It's a big, thick rod and I found myself  wishing for a slightly bigger LP, but not wanting to go to a round reel.  The Curado filled the bill perfectly.   And man will it cast.  Filled with 12# Yo-Zuri Hybrid.  

I've been casting a 1/4 oz and a 3/8 oz practice plug. I can't get the distance with the 1/4 oz that I can with with my Revo, but I can with the 3/8 oz. Since this is my 'big' crank rod, that's what I want. And it's a better fit on this rod than the Revo.

I had two 200DHSVs and they were just too big on the graphite rods I wanted them for - but they were excellent reels. The 200 size on this Crankshaft is perfect.

Micro, you sure take some purdy pictures.

x3. What kind of camera do you have, Micro? I have a Kodak EasySharez700 4.0 mega pixels.

I have a Sony DSC-H5 7.0 mp.  

Hard to justify a Winch for $200 when I can get a brand new 200DPV on clearance for under $150.

Can 't argue about that, I wanted a low profile reel for my swimbaits and ended up with a Citica 200, $70 bones man ! it don 't get better than that. :D

Good looking setup right there!!  Watch using that black Buzzjet, you'll get your arm broke.

Man I was thinking the same thing, your pictures always look great.  Your avatars always look like they should be magazine ads for the reels in them.  

Do you really use all those reels you have??  I've seen 1/2 a dozen pictures of different ones you had up.  

Thanks.  I use all my rod/reel combo.  Some more than others.  I haven't fished the pictured combo yet.