Sign in to follow this  
cajun1977.

spinnerbaits

I've heard a lot of good things about these spinnerbaits. I haven't had the chance to try one yet but I have spoken with the owner a few times about making a couple custom colors for me. He is a class act from what I have experienced with him. I plan on adding a few of them to my arsenal this upcoming year!

No offense but one thing it says is I'm selling the spinnerbaits I made at a very reasonable price.

Even at the outdoor places if you don't mind generic you can buy some decent color choices. Then just buy your own blade if you want ( easy to change) and save quite a bit. You can buy and change skirts easy as well. I'd bet money tht the pros do this with top quality spinnerbaits more so to save space but yet to have any color available at any time.

If cost is no problem then that website is very sweet.

One thing that appeals to me about this company is the customer focus! I heard about Heavycover from a friend I made on another board a while back. When the one company I use for one of the colors I have a ton of success with stopped making my color, I went on a search of the web and a few other avenues to find the color somewhere else but came up unsuccesful. I got in touch with my friend and he directed me to the owner. As I said before, after talking to the owner several times about a custom color, I came to realize the amount of customer focus they have. He wanted to be 100% sure of the exact color and the combination of the colors before starting so he could ensure he was able to offer me the exact bait I was looking for and not just offering me a "cookie cutter" bait. This means a lot to me since I am in a customer service roll in my area of work. I'm not pushing the bait on anyone, I just wanted to offer my experiences (which I feel are positive) with the company. As you stated fish-fighting-illini, there are other places to go get material to make your own (and I've used a few myself), but (IMHO) if you want to buy one made by someone else, they are a good company to deal with.

I really like the way the website is set up for custom baits.

Allen