Sign in to follow this  
bronzeback01

should i move up to a GLX ?

I have a loomis bsr803 mossyback spinning rod that i love but i was thinking of selling it and buying a bsr 803 GLX do you think it's worth the extra money ? is it that much better or should i stick with what i already have?

I had a GLX MBR783, aside from being slightly lighter than the IMX I couldn 't feel that much of a difference between both worth the extra 100+ bones.  :-?

So for some folks the difference is worth it, for me it 's not; I see no point in spending more money when I can 't feel the difference.  :-/

Well, I fished the IMX MBR 844C for several years before moving up to the GLX. As Raul wrote, the difference is subtle and may or may not be worth a hundred bucks to you. It really depends on how important that $100 is to you. If you get the GLX, you will not be disappointed!

8-)

I am with Raul and RW on this, is it worth the $100? I have four flavors of G.Loomis; GL2, Mossyback, IMX, and GLX. I love my GLX, but I don't think I'll get another one. I am perfectly happy with IMX. I would rather spend the $100 on Fluorocarbon line and baits.

My two favorite rods are GLX spinning rods- if it were casting gear I'd say stick with the IMX a spinning rod is where you are really going to benefit from a GLX blank.  I don't think there is a huge difference between IMX and GLX though, not like the difference between a GL3 and an IMX that is a huge difference.  That being said- if something were to happen to one of my GLX's I would replace it with another GLX without hessitation.  My two GLX's are the BSR852 and DSR820, simply amazing sticks-