Sign in to follow this  
Peter Natev

KVDs line conditioner

I have been using KVDs line conditioner for a couple of years now and I have to say thank God they invented it. It makes fishing with fluorocarbon line so much more easier.

Does anyone else use it?  Would love to hear everyones comments to see if they are as pleased with it as I am!!!

-Peter

There was just a thread about it a couple weeks ago. Many people on this board feel the same as you do. I use it as well and think it's great.

How do you apply it?

I usually apply it by spraying it into a towel and as i spool my line have the line run through where I sprayed it on the towel. I think this works best because it gets all the line!!

-Peter

Normally, I wouldn't have bought any.  Until I came to the forum and read all the great posts on the stuff.  I must say, there is no gimmick to it.  It just plain works!

BTW, after spooled, I spray it on liberally, then wipe of the excess.  Seems to soak in reel good.

It makes my 15 lb big game act ike 6 lb trilene xl all them years i dealt with and adapted to big game being kinda coily now i have to reasses my casting cause im going 20 to 30 % further YAY  i plain love it  :)

I bought osme for the first time last weekend and havent had the chance to use it yet. Just a quick question, how often should it be applied? Once a week, once a month, every outing?

We have a lot of fans on this board...and I'm one!

Regarding application:

First, spray your filler spools. The conditioner will

work its way through the spool.

Next, using a rag is fine, but not necessary. As you

respool simply spray the line every 10-15 cranks.

The entire line will get coated.

Finally, when you're finished, spray the spooled line

one more time!

Although KVD Line & Lure Conditioner will become

bonded to the line is short order, applying this product

the night before is probably better.

8-)

All lines.

8-)

got myself a shiny new bottle.  for those reels that are already spooled, would you say i should unravel a couple tens of yards and then spray down the line left over on the spool and use a rag treated with the conditioner on the line out while spooling it back?  or could i just get away with soaking the whole real down and call it a day?  thanks guys

Man, stuff works but after I fish it, the next outing same thing again

So I have to use this stuff after EVERY outing.....

I'm with you on that one. The stuff works like a charm, no doubt. But sometimes, especially if you don't fish for a couple of days, it seems worse than before.

lol i jsut went to lineandlure.com and read its other uses.  is it just me or does it also sound like i can also fix electronics, cure illnesses, and cure world hunger with the conditioner?  i didnt know it had other applications too.  and also i was looking at my bottle and noticed the way the edited the photo, i think they chopped off his arm lol.  just noticing.

Man, stuff works but after I fish it, the next outing same thing again

So I have to use this stuff after EVERY outing.....

I may be wrong, but I think that is b/c you are using line that long ago would of been in the trash can without this great product.  The line is old and needs to be replaced, but L&L is bringing it back to life.  If you aren't already, try spraying it 24hrs prior to fishing and see if that helps a little.

Somebody can correct me if I'm confused, but I think you don't want to use a cotton cloth with KVD line conditioner.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that nylon material was OK, and cotton was not.

Something about one of the components was attracted to cotton, and would not get properly distributed on the line.

Just placed an order with BPS for some. Hope this works, I had given up using fluoro on baitcasters--as a matter of fact I just stripped off some P-Line from my new Quantum Energy reel due to backlashes. If this works It will pay for itself in two applications.

I have been using KVDs line conditioner for a couple of years now and I have to say thank God they invented it. It makes fishing with fluorocarbon line so much more easier.

Does anyone else use it?  Would love to hear everyones comments to see if they are as pleased with it as I am!!!

-Peter

How do you apply it?

I usually apply it by spraying it into a towel and as i spool my line have the line run through where I sprayed it on the towel. I think this works best because it gets all the line!!

-Peter

It does seem to work!  Where do you notice the greatest improvements!  I find it helps with making the line more flexible thus less coiling!!

Hi Peter! Welcome to the site  ;D.  You guys advertise here, so you can just start threads promoting the conditioner without the cover.