Sign in to follow this  
YakAttack

Daiwa Zillion......

To those of you that own or have owned a Zillion, what do/did you use it for?

JDM or Domestic version?

I have a domestic 100SHLA that's tuned with ABEC 5 ceramics and a drag upgrade.  I use this mainly for topwater work.  I have used this reel for T-rigs, big jerkbaits, and spinnerbaits.  The Zillion has the makings for a great C-rig, topwater, froggin', jig, and big plastics reel.

This is a fantastic reel; it feels bulletproof.  The bearing upgrade has allowed me to offer much smaller lures without the fear of a backlash or decreased casting distance.

I have a domestic 100SHLA that's tuned with ABEC 5 ceramics and a drag upgrade. I use this mainly for topwater work. I have used this reel for T-rigs, big jerkbaits, and spinnerbaits. The Zillion has the makings for a great C-rig, topwater, froggin', jig, and big plastics reel.

This is a fantastic reel; it feels bulletproof. The bearing upgrade has allowed me to offer much smaller lures without the fear of a backlash or decreased casting distance.

X2 but i use it for everything but unweighted plastics and crankbaits (because i'm not a crankbaiter)

JDM version for larger cranks. I love it and it's built like a tank. Upgraded with ZPI SiC bearings and Carbontex drag.

Zillion 100P Crazy Cranker 4:9:1

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

JDM Zillion on a Gan Craft "Junk" use it for flipping plastic in slop, also big spinnerbaits and frogs.  Combo is very versatile.

Ive got the 6.3:1 domestic and Ive used it on anything from cranks to senkos and it works well. Right now Ive got it set up for spinnerbaits.

I use mine mostly for froggin, but that's just because of the rod that I have it on. I've used it for jigs, carolina rigging, just about everything except cranking

I have a domestic 7:1 gear ratio I use for T-Rigs. Does great keeping the bass out of the junk at hook-up.

I've only had mine for about 4 days but so far it seems very good really no comparison to my older green curados it outcasts them easily and I'm not really used to it yet. I have the 7.1 domestic version. Have it on a gander mountain ultimate titanium 7.5 foot mh (very good rod for the money). Since I haven't had it long I haven't throwing much with it mostly weightless plastics like senkos, and Fat Ikas. It will throw weightless zoom trick worms plenty good for me too. Even with 15 pound cxx and a mh rod. Probably caught around 50 bass on it some around 5 pounds and it handled them all nicely.