Sign in to follow this  
rodbender54

imx vs avid

They are a totally different feel (Loomis vs St. Croix) but aside from that, IMX is at least 2 steps "above" the Avids. The IMX has a much more delicate tip, for any give rating, which allows you to cast lighter baits or use a heavier rod in a given application.

The MBR784 and MBR844 IMX are rods I've had for over 15 years (several of each) and can't say enough about them. However, the past year or two, my preferences have changed and I now use St. Croix blanks for my t-rig and c-rig. Just a funny change in preference over the years.

If you like the feel of the IMX rods, give it a go... I have never met a person that regretted buying an IMX rod. That includes the 15,000+ members here.

I have a loomis mossyback bsr 803 jig & worm rod (non glx) and it's by far my favorite rod it is extremley sensitive . i also have an imx  , a bronzeback  a st croix legend tournament & a diawa steez and i would give them all up to keep that mossyback.

For several applications, I'm a St. Croix fan. I own five including three Avids. The G.Loomis IMX is a different class of rod at a higher pricing point. For worming and jigs I think you will notice a significant difference between the rods. As flechero wrote, "I have never met a person that regretted buying an IMX rod."

8-)