Sign in to follow this  
joshmb1999

glx spinning rod

I'm wanting a g loomis spinning rod in glx for fishing plastics.  which one should i get.  i want either a 6'6" or 7'.  Thanks!

I have a BSR 852 that I use primarily for small baits of all types.  But I have often used it for senko's with no problems.   I love GLX's, just love em.  

i just bought the glx SJR783S a few wks ago. id either get that or the SJR843S if you decide on a 7 footer.

if you want something with a heavier action get the SJR844S

http://products.gloomis.com/gl/products/family.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302032507&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181201&bmUID=1217487973658

i prefer a medium power for my plastics and i don't really fish heavy cover - i understand that loomis has a lighter tip than other manufacturers...what does everyone think of the 2 power loomis instead of the 3 power?

The SJR783S is the biggest seller, but the 843 is the same

rod in a 7' version. Buy whichever length you prefer, 100%

satifaction, guaranteed!

8-)

i prefer a medium power for my plastics and i don't really fish heavy cover - i understand that loomis has a lighter tip than other manufacturers...what does everyone think of the 2 power loomis instead of the 3 power?

I have the 2-powers in 6' and 6'-6". Actually I think the 2 powers are fine for 4" senkos and Finesse worms. Due to the tapers, the 722 oand 782 feel like totally different rods, and I actually prefer the 6' rod for plastics. Some people think tapers do not matter, but this is my experience for what it's worth.  I wouldn't use the medium power Loomis rods for 5" Senkos...recommended lure weight is 1/8-3/8 oz and I think the Senkos weigh in the neighborhoold of 3/8 oz.