Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Craft Man

No G Loomis Swimbait Rod on TackleTour

I was wondering why TackleTour has not tested out the G Loomis Swimbait rods yet? They have tested everything else out there. I was waiting for them to conduct their review so I could add that to my decision process as to buy one or not, but I couldn't wait any longer. I purchased the SWBR904C and I am very glad I did. What a GREAT rod. I guess in the end, I don't need TackleTours review, but it is always nice to see.

My buddy Cal and the boys over at TT are always busy testing stuff.  I'm sure it's coming eventually.

I took a long look at the GLoomis swimbait rods, and honestly feel that the Dobyns swimbait rods are much nicer and better balanced, at a similar price point.

Just my opinion.  :)

I assumed it probably would be reviewed at some point, but I was hoping it would be one of the first ones reviewed.  (I got my G Loomis swimbait rod for $159 off eBay, which I couldn't pass it up).

they must be ok ... from what i have read Butch Brown fishes loomis rods ... and if ya dont know who Butch Brown is you better put the swimbait down and read up .... Butch is like the godfather of fishing swimbaits .... that being said ,,, im still going with dobyans ... that 795ml has my name all over it ...  :)

The Loomis swimbait rods are the best big bait rods I have thrown to date. PERIOD!

The Loomis swimbait rods are the best big bait rods I have thrown to date. PERIOD!

LOL, what about that NJ Custom 8 footer?   :)

From what I hear, that thing is a beast!!!

I asked TT this same question. The 955 will be the last swimbait rod to be reviewed. That being said I own two of these rods the 955 and the 957. I was so impressed with the 955 I bought the 957. The 955 is a nice stick handles everything up to the 8" Hud.

Although rated for the Hud,, I feel that the 8" Hud puts a lot of strain on the 955. So if you are throwing Huds go with the 956 or 957.  I bought the 957 to throw the HUD and the 10" Rago tool. Handles those two swimbait with ease.