Sign in to follow this  
GeneinTX

deep crankbait rod

theres a skeet reese rod ... i believe lamiglass makes it ... its yellow ,, and its pritty darn sweet ... they have a 7ft6 modle made for deep cranks ... with the longer rod you get better distance on your cast ,,, this means you can keep that crank at its running depth longer ... just a thought ,, i havent used one yet .... but i did play with one at sportsmans warehouse  they are sweet sticks ... :)

theres a skeet reese rod ... i believe lamiglass makes it ... its yellow ,, and its pritty darn sweet ... they have a 7ft6 modle made for deep cranks ... with the longer rod you get better distance on your cast ,,, this means you can keep that crank at its running depth longer ... just a thought ,, i havent used one yet .... but i did play with one at sportsmans warehouse they are sweet sticks ... :)

I have the 7' version of this stick. The 7' version handles heavier lures. The 7'6" version is made for ripping lipless cranks. I really like this rod and I use it for all cranks. If you want a rod exclusively for deep cranking, I would suggest taking a look at the 8' cranking rod made by Dobyns. I hear nothing but good things about that rod.

Longer rods are a definite advantage,

but the SR705R will launch a lure like

a catapult. This rod really loads up!

8-)

Longer rods are a definite advantage,

but the SR705R will launch a lure like

a catapult. This rod really loads up!

8-)

Yes. I can bomb a DD22 on the 705R. It s great all around cranking stick.

The 705R is rated up to 1 1/2oz to handle heavier spinnerbaits, crankbaits and large jerk baits. The 765R is the newest addition to the crankbait rod lineup and is rated to 1oz. The added length of the 765R will add distance to your cast for deep cranking

this is what tackle warhouse says about the 2 sticks ... i would get the 7ft6 thats me ... but taking the pirce of bolth sticks the 7fter would be nice for the sale price ....

Thanks for all the replies! As always a wealth of good info. I am leary of buying a rod without handling it first, so I amy make a trip to Cabelas and see one first hand.

yea i wouldent ever just advise anyone to buy a product without taking a close look first .... i wasnt sure about this rod eighter ,,, but now that i had a chance to handle one ,,, they arent bad .... also ive been looking for a cranking stick that will handle the bomber balsa bs ,, they are big shallow cranks ... i think this rod will handle that task fine ...

No.

Check out the links provided in this thread.

A less expensive alternative is the Shimano Crucial 7' MH Cranking stick (the TC4 blank).

I have two of them, and I love them. Great stick for the $$$.

I have a question for you guys. What would you personally say, is the best Action/ Power for a deep cranking rod? I was guessing MH Power/ Fast Action would be good. :-/

this is all personal prefrence ... but you wont want a fast action rod for cranking or trebble hook baits .... you will want a moderate action rod ... this way you wont pull the hooks out ...