Sign in to follow this  
quant PT

Revo STX

A local hunting and fishing store has Revo STX's for sale for $169.99 ( only the 6.4:1).  I know everyone who has one one seems to love it.  My question is this: do you think this deal is too good to pass up or should I wait for the new Curado?  I know this is tough to answer since no one has fished the Curado, but I would appreciate any opinions you can give to help me make a decision.

I have a STX, my one and only Abu Garcia.

I would wait on the new Curado.

8-)

I have a Curado D, and owned a Curado B.  Buy the STX.

Of course I have no idea what the Curado E is like, there for I cannot recommend it. I do have two Curado D's however, and I would recommend the STX.

You'll find alot of debate on the forum over that question. I have a few revo s and sx models and can't say anything bad about them. But for a long time I've been wanting to try a Curado and give it a fair chance. As soon as the Curados are out, I'm on it. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

Alot of guys on the forum, whos' opinion I respect, swear by the Curados, so I'm not affraid.

By the way, if your not gonna wait, the price you have is decent, as is the ratio.

I was thinking about getting one as well... i have a s and a sc and am pleased with both

This is the same as Daiwa vs Shimano, you'll have a ton of guys on each side.

I prefer my STXs over the Curado B and D and every other reel I've used. I can't say about the E though.

I have both a Curado 100DVS and an STX. I quess it depends on the application. I use my Curado for casting crankbaits 1/4 to 3/8 oz and it outperforms the STX. On  the other hand I use the STX for T-Rigs down to 1/4 oz and it outperforms the Curado. Of course this is based on my style of casting and rod selection. The point is to optimize a purchase really requires use to determine its best fit. As far as quality goes both are of good quality in my opinion.

I do not own a shimano, but I do have 2 STX reels. You will not be dissapointed in these reels. They cast very well with little weight and the drag is very smooth. If I were you, I would definately buy the stx.