Sign in to follow this  
topwater buzz

Rod Repair???

Last year I bought an XPS Extreme rod at BPS. Not a newer model. Older one which is not my best rod but one I really enjoy using. Two guides got crushed by my four year old. Rather than buy a new rod is their anywhere I can get these replaced? Will BPS fix it if I take it back? Hate to waste a rod that does a decent job and I enjoy.

Look for a local rod/reel service shop. The repair will probably cost you a minimum of $30, so I don't know if it's really worth it for you. Give them a call nonetheless. GL.

topwater buzz,

Check with BPS, I don't know if they do repairs. Check with your local shops (not chain stores ie: Dicks or GM)

I have the same problem with one of my old All Stars. Been away from fishing for awhile and it would appear that all the shops that I used to deal with for rod repairs are gone.

Type in "fishing rod repair" at Youtube.com and there is a good ten part step-by-step do-it-yourself guide if you end-up in the same boat as I. P.S (hope you have a broadband connection)

Depending on length of the warranty I would suggest taking it back for exchange. It will cost about $10.00 per guide in a local shop to have them replaced and re-wrapped/finished.

Just my .02¢ from my rod bench.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!