Sign in to follow this  
ptomacbass

early christmas!!!

well today my bass pro baitcaster broke.  I was using a lucky craft sammy when my line just started piling up on my reel.  turns out the the line guide would start moving, stop at the edge for some time and then start moving again.

for christmas, I asked my parents if i could get a hyperspeed zillion.  I asked my dad if I could have the reel now because the other broke.  when we got home my dad pulled out a tackle warehouse box and the zillion box was inside.  I have spooled it up with 15 pound mono for fishing the lucky craft sammy 100 tomorrow.  the bad part is I have to use it on a bass pro shops 7 foot medium power fast action rod which they claim is a crankbait rod.  It's got a fast action ;D.

I plan on getting a refund on the reel and buying a zillion flipping stick.  the bass pro reel was less than half a year old!

If any of you guys have a hyperspeed zillion or zillion flippin stick, how do you like them?

I just ordered and returned a Rick Clunn myself.  Mine didn't have any problems mechanically but it did let the sideplate move slightly when I pulled back in a hook setting motion.  My Extreme doesn't do that so I just sent it back and ordered another one of the Extremes to replace it with.  Extremes are great.  

You are a fortunate young man to have parents like that. ;D   Sorry to hear about the rick clunn, this rod and reel was my first baitcast setup.  It was a great learning tool.  I still have mine on the the rack in the garage, I havent used it in a couple of years.  But my father in-law just got a boat, so I think that this set up is going to Texas to wait for me to arrive next spring.   :D

ptomacbass,

well today my bass pro baitcaster broke.  I was using a lucky craft sammy when my line just started piling up on my reel.  turns out the the line guide would start moving, stop at the edge for some time and then start moving again.
Congrats on an early Christmas and the new reel.

But i'm here to tell you that your BPS reel isn't broke, but the worm gear (that drives the line carriage) and pawl assembly are dirty and the new reel will do the same if you don't maintain it (keep it clean), all reels will do the same thing.

Just something to ponder.... :D

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!

Basspro says they'll take the rick clunn reel back so i'll get that money back for a zillion rod!

Have you heard good reviews of the hyperspeed zillion reel mechanic?

It seems really smooth and I used it to catch four bass with a lucky craft sammy today.

I have a hyperspeed zillion and I love it.  I used it for 3 outings while I was home on leave in Sept.  It casted flawlessly ( directly into about a 20mph wind without even getting an overrun), and the retrieve...32" of line recovery per handle turn???  Crazy man...If you like fishing buzzbaits, toads, or anything else that would benefit from a quick gear ratio lke this one has you got yourself a gem.  Love this reel!! LOVE IT!! I HATE IRAQ!!!  I need to fish now!!! :D