Sign in to follow this  
The Rooster

Re: BPS return policy

From what I've read on here BPS has no problems swapping out their branded merchandise when something happens to it.  If you have the reciept and it clearly shows you purchased the "gear guard" then how can they argue with that even if you didn't activate it??  You have nothing to lose anyway to take it back and see what they say.  But I think you'll be surprised they'll take it right back.

Rooster,

Are you sure the guy deleted his post?  ;D   ;D   ;D

It has been my experience with the two items I had to return to BPS that they replaced the items with a smile and no hassel.

Great people; great store; great service.  :)

I have a Revo sx I want to return, but do not have the receipt.  I have the box and all of the papers, do you think that they will accept it?

I have a Revo sx I want to return, but do not have the receipt. I have the box and all of the papers, do you think that they will accept it?

They will here unless it has been abused. BPS is the easiest place going for returns. They have a no hassle plan for their customers. No I do not work or represent them.

Fishfordollars is 100% correct I have never had a return issue with either BPS or Cabela's

Yeah, BPs customer service is by far one of the best there is.

Later, :)

Be careful on BPS rods. According to the BolingbrooK IL BPS due to component costs they are tightening their standards. They said that the Johnny Morris's ( I think it was) had a lifetime guarantee but Extremes were one year. They still replaced my Extreme but they were hesitent.

This is for damaged / used rods of course. Just unsatisfaction on a very new rod would be a different story of course.

OK, thats great.  I didnt abuse the reel, it just started making a grinding sound out of nowhere :).  Will it be a money return, or like a store credit, or a new revo?

Without a a receipt it'll probably be a new one or store credit for the lowest sale price on that item in the past few months.

I bought a cardiff 300 from an ebay store, I took the side plate off to put line on it and it broke.  So I took it to BPS, told them I ordered from their website and they gave me a new one.  With no proof at all and No questions asked.  They are great people to deal with.

I actually think BPS has the worst customer service when dealing with returns (worse than Cabelas or Academy anyway).  Not terrible, but not as good as others I deal with.  Cabelas and Academy have a no questions asked return policy.  ANY product, used or unused, is returned with or without a receipt.  The Bass Pro's here in Texas (and Oklahoma when I lived there) will not will not take back a rod without a receipt, unless it is one of their house brands.  They also also will not return Loomis or St. Croix rods unless they are brand new, and recently purchased.  You could use a Loomis for a year and just 'decide' that you didn't like it...and cabelas will return it without a receipt with a smile.  I recently returned a reel to BPS, and it was quite a fiasco.  I went to Customer Service, and they proceded to tell me I had to go back to the fishing department to have the reel inspected.  After waiting around at the reel counter for the employee to get free...he took a looong look at it.  "Have you used it?" he asked.  No.  "Why are you returning it?" he continued.  Ummm...because I want to?!  Anyway, he got on the computer and typed in the UPC checking something.  I finally got the OK to return to customer service where I got back in line.  When I got back up to the counter, she asked me who I talked to, and had to radio him and get conformation before she would go ahead and give me my money back.  It just seems like exceptional large and profitable organizations wouldn't scrutinize every single return.  

Hey Natural, if you look at the post right before yours, you'll see why retailers are putting returns under more scrutiny.

BPS will bend over backwards to take care of their customers.

They have every right to ensure that they are indeed "their" customers.

Nobody likes being screwed.

I bought a cardiff 300 from an ebay store, I took the side plate off to put line on it and it broke. So I took it to BPS, told them I ordered from their website and they gave me a new one. With no proof at all and No questions asked. They are great people to deal with.

Why did you have to take off the side plate to put line on it?

I bought a cardiff 300 from an ebay store, I took the side plate off to put line on it and it broke. So I took it to BPS, told them I ordered from their website and they gave me a new one. With no proof at all and No questions asked. They are great people to deal with.

It amazes me how many posts I see like this on different boards. As far as I'm concerned, this is no different than stealing. At some point, retailers are going to tighten up their return policies because of this type of fraud. Yes, I said fraud because that's what it is.

As far as asking why you are returning an item, this is a legitimate question for a retailer to ask. There should be a reason; I don't see any signs in the stores that say "Free ten day trial". Buyers remorse shouldn't be a good reason for returning an item. If there is a problem with the product, the retailer wants to know so that they can make decisions about what prooducts to carry in the future.

It amazes me how many posts I see like this on different boards. As far as I'm concerned, this is no different than stealing. At some point, retailers are going to tighten up their return policies because of this type of fraud. Yes, I said fraud because that's what it is.

As far as asking why you are returning an item, this is a legitimate question for a retailer to ask. There should be a reason; I don't see any signs in the stores that say "Free ten day trial". Buyers remorse shouldn't be a good reason for returning an item. If there is a problem with the product, the retailer wants to know so that they can make decisions about what prooducts to carry in the future.

Agreed.