Sign in to follow this  
bilgerat

First "High End" rod.....

Finally went for it. Got myself a St. Croix Avid AVS66MF spinning rod, then a Pflueger Supreme to complete the rig.

Here's the kicker- it's my Christmas present from my wife, so it's off limits for me until then :'( Oh well, after all these years, whats another 6 weeks ?

6 week wait for a new combo? Alot like an eternity of intense pain :)

I had to wait 2 weeks for a combo and it almost killed me. :-/

Congrats on the sweet combo though. :)

Thanks for the support. See ya at the next TA (Tackleholics Anonymous) meeting :)

i think you are going to LOVE the avid!!  i have a few and they were also my first "high end" rod.  i've since bought a couple legend tourney's, one legend elite and a g loomis glx.  after fishing all of them, in my opinion the avid is the absolue best bang for your buck rod out there.  once you start spending more to get to those other rods you are spending ALOT more money for a very little bit better rod.  enjoy it!!

i feel your pain. had my girl get me a quantum tour edition 7.0 when cabellas liquidated them. i cant have it till our anniversary dec. 11th.

its just sitting there in the box mocking me. she even wrapped it in clear wrapping paper with a bow and everything. ::) :'(

Been there! You are gonna LOVE the Avid! I have a couple of them as well. Also have a couple of Legend Tournaments, a Legend Elite, a GLX and a Fenwick Techna AV.  I would agree too, the Avid is far and away the most rod for the buck! Sure the others are more sensitive but $50, $100, $200, I sure dont think so! The Avid is a great stick! Especially the new IPC models. Classy looking, very well built. You will not be disappointed and will never out grow that stick! I've got that same model, as well as a AS66MLF that are my go to river smallie sticks. In fact, I just bought the ML a few weeks ago and love it more each time I get it out!

I have to wait till christmas to order my rod as well.Orders from the queen says i have to wait.

I know the feeling. :)

i love my avid ml x-fast. you will too.

go buy your wife something she really wants and talk her into an early x-mas