Sign in to follow this  
Micro

How are those Daiwa Zillions?

I was thinking of a couple of Daiwa Zillions in 6.3:1 for a 7' M rod I like to use for jerkbaits, and a 7' MH I like to use for bigger wake baits and swimbaits.  

Anyone have any comments on the Zillions?  

I've got 6 Zillions; 4 7:1's and two of the limited edition red zillions.  Obviously I like them, and an important fact is that you can pick them up for substantially under retail.  For the techniques you listed; I'd go with the 7:1.  For fishing jerkbaits, I like the ability to pick up the slack in a turn or two of the handle after giving my bait a couple of jerks.  Plus, the red spool catches more fish....it's proven  :) :)

I have the red limited edition zillion and simply put, I LOVE IT!  My brother in law has the standard 7:1 zillion and he loves it as well.  I have used his and guess what?  I love that one too.  I haven't used the 6.3:1 but I am guessing that you'd love it.   :)

For the techniques you listed; I'd go with the 7:1. For fishing jerkbaits, I like the ability to pick up the slack in a turn or two of the handle after giving my bait a couple of jerks. Plus, the red spool catches more fish....it's proven :) :)

You don't think a 7.1 reel is too fast for wake/swimbaits (hard swimbaits)?  I know it's not a whole lot faster than the 6.3:1 but I'm wondering why you like it better for than the 6.3 for that techniche?

For the techniques you listed; I'd go with the 7:1. For fishing jerkbaits, I like the ability to pick up the slack in a turn or two of the handle after giving my bait a couple of jerks. Plus, the red spool catches more fish....it's proven :) :)

You don't think a 7.1 reel is too fast for wake/swimbaits (hard swimbaits)? I know it's not a whole lot faster than the 6.3:1 but I'm wondering why you like it better for than the 6.3 for that techniche?

I don't throw a lot of hard swimbaits, so you could be right.  I do like it for jerkbaits though.  

I also have the red anniversary model which i really love , all i have to do is slow down my retrieve an its perfect.

I'd recommend the 6.3 Zillion or even the new 4.9 Zillion for swimbaits.  Without a doubt a fantastic reel, I'm not sure how many I have but I know it's several.

If you want something REALLY special, check out the Japanese market only Zillion HLC.  I have a few of them, they are fantastic reels. :)

If you want something REALLY special, check out the Japanese market only Zillion HLC. I have a few of them, they are fantastic reels. :)

I even like better the 50th. It is phenomenal, it cast as good as an Steez or Alpha