Sign in to follow this  
Joe Boss

Pflueger Supreme Spinning reel for $69.95

I have a new favorite reel! I purchased a Pflueger Supreme spinning reel at Dick's on Saturday it was on sale for $69.95, $30.00 less than list price.

I was shocked at how light this magnesium reel was especially after compairing it with the weight of the Pflueger Infusion which is all aluminum.

Wow, that is a really good deal.  I am going to have to check and see if the local Dick's here has them on sale as well.

Later, ;)

There are two Dick's within easy driving distance from where I live. One has the reel and the other one doesn't.

I didn't even notice that they carried Supreme's until I was looking at the display models they have mounted on rod butts sticking on a wall with tags hanging from them with the sale prices. They have all the clam pack reels underneath those display models but I didn't see the Supreme. I had to ask the clerk if they had any left and he told me that the Supreme's come in a box so they have them in the back.

Is it a true Supreme or a Dick's exclusive psuedo Supreme? That can affect the price. I suspect on Dick's exclusives that they cut out some feature(s) to lower the sell price.

It doesn't matter anyway if it works good for you and you like it then that's all that counts.

Is it a true Supreme or a Dick's exclusive psuedo Supreme? That can affect the price. I suspect on Dick's exclusives that they cut out some feature(s) to lower the sell price.

It doesn't matter anyway if it works good for you and you like it then that's all that counts.

how would you know if you have a store exclusive or not?

I don't know if they have a Psuedo Supreme or not just giving a possible heads up. I know they do or did have a Pflueger Medalist knockoff. It was a completely different color than a PFL ( Dick's was white, PFLueger = silverish ). I'm not even sure what that reel said on it for part# but I doubt it had the same part# as the Pflueger.

I also don't know if they cut out features or not just a guess is all.

I think recently someone posted of another Dick's branded special. I don't rememer the brand or model. Daiwa Capricorn? ( don't quote me). Point being it just doesn't happen with Pflueger reels.

In short look at the pictures on BPS or Pflueger site as a comparison and also check part #'s

If you've already bought it and like it then don't worry about it.

Just a heads up for the future so you know when you are getting a good deal or not.

FFI - AKA Matt Crum

so there would be an obvious difference in appearance from the real to the 'fake'?

just got my president 6725 in today from ebay. it looks just like it does on their site , but i noticed a 'made in china' sticker on it. it just got me thinking..

I checked everything out and its a real Supreme. I am hoping someone on these boards is able to find a Dick's with the same sale. When you combine it with the $10 coupons that Dick's offers its a real steal.

I know what Fish is talking about though as I have a Dick's exclusive Pflueger Purist. They painted it red and gave it a new name the Pflueger Intensity.

I don't know about that Intensity vs Purist deal as I think those are different reeels?

The one Dick's exclusive that I knew about first hand was the Pflueger Gold Medalist. Note: not a Medalist but a "Gold Medalist"

The real Medalist is mainly silver while the Dick's Gold Medalist is mostly White. The name of the reel is kind of a marketing cheap shot / even borderline illegal. They could in fact be exact reels painted different I don't know one way or the other. The price was vastly different though.

I bought 3 Supreme's at Dick's. (2-8030, 1-8035) They are indeed the real McCoy's.

It's about 69.94 overpriced.

Hey fivebass limit, Spray one of them green, Put a SHE MANO STICKER and this Mook will buy it for 250 bucks and swear it's better than a Flooger?

how would you know if you have a store exclusive or not?

Go to this site; Pflueger.com

they give pics, exact details and specs of all their reels.

Dick's does re-brand some Pflueger Products they will be mostly gold in color , have a different name of they will say Manufactured or Designed by Pflueger for Dick's Sporting . Do not worry, some folks around here are not really up on his Pflueger vs Dicks products

I have bought countless of BPS products, which were probably made at the same site the Pfluegers were made at, the share similar parts, my fishing partner does the same with Dicks, neither of us has had a problem with any of the house reels or Pfluegers, and this comes from actual experience.

I don't know about that Intensity vs Purist deal as I think those are different reeels?

The one Dick's exclusive that I knew about first hand was the Pflueger Gold Medalist. Note: not a Medalist but a "Gold Medalist"

The real Medalist is mainly silver while the Dick's Gold Medalist is mostly White. The name of the reel is kind of a marketing cheap shot / even borderline illegal. They could in fact be exact reels painted different I don't know one way or the other. The price was vastly different though.

Let's try and get a few things straight; Dicks has reels that say : Made for Dicks by Pflueger, or Dicks Exclusive and on the label it says ( by Licence from Pflueger) so if Dicks has a well know relationship with Pflueger and Acknowledges this HOW IS THIS ILLEGAL?

They make different colors to ID the exclusive as being sold by Dicks, and they want to sell those house brands because the profit margin is greater and they want to have call back and loyal customers searching out those brand names.

Hey fivebass limit, Spray one of them green, Put a SHE MANO STICKER and this Mook will buy it for 250 bucks and swear it's better than a Flooger?

Bingo!   ;D

While your at it, paint a $19 Ugly stick bright orange and make a combo out of it ;)

Bingo! ;D

I paid over $100 last winter for a Supreme.  Fished it three times and it crapped out.

Youre supposed to flip the bail before you cast it city slicker ;D

I paid over $100 last winter for a Supreme. Fished it three times and it crapped out.

I have 2 that I got new last winter that have seen over 150 days on tha water....still good as new.

Let's try and get a few things straight; Dicks has reels that say : Made for Dicks by Pflueger, or Dicks Exclusive and on the label it says ( by Licence from Pflueger) so if Dicks has a well know relationship with Pflueger and Acknowledges this HOW IS THIS ILLEGAL?

They make different colors to ID the exclusive as being sold by Dicks, and they want to sell those house brands because the profit margin is greater and they want to have call back and loyal customers searching out those brand names.

First, geez Dominick settle down a little. I don't mind Dick's having an exclusive Pflueger deal it makes no difference to me. The only thing I disagree with is using the name "Medalist" on the reel and only if in fact it is not an exact Medalist in a different color. If it has less features or is a totaly different reel then I think that is borderline deceptive practise. Very similar to the BPS rod being avertised as whatever it was some time ago with the old model# switch deal.

Muddy I love most BPS stuff and I'm a very dedicated Pflueger fan so I have no axe to grind. I just don't like co's using what I consider as unethical marketing practises. I doubt they are illegal but I'm not sure that they aren't borderline illegal.

It appears my statement "They could in fact be exact reels painted different I don't know one way or the other" was overlooked or I thought it was objective enough but what I meant was if the Medalist and the Gold are in fact exactly the same reel with different paint jobs then it is simply a great bargain.

FFI - AKA Matt Crum