Sign in to follow this  
dmac14

Shimano reel under 150?

Ok so i recently purchased two quantum tour edition pts and i love them (Nothing has gone wrong on them), but they are my first high end baitcasters. i hear so much good stuff about shimano on these forums so i wanna see what they feel like and how they work. I got $100 from my uncle and was thinking of getting a new reel and i wanna try shimano, any suggestions on which reel to get, also i prefer the left hand versions so if it doesnt come in that then it can be ruled out. thanks for the help i just wanna see how good these shimanos really are.

How about $152 delivered?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220318355993

This is where I got mine in a sealed box. Bought on the 14th and received on the 18th.

He actually went up a dollar, sorry!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-Curado-200-E7_W0QQitemZ370135148933QQihZ024QQcategoryZ36146QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

A Citica E left or right hand model will run $119 which is a reel that I have in the D version and I love it, I plan on replacing my D's however for the E's b/c they are lighter in weight.  On ebay, you can find Chronarch B's for roughly $120-$180 for one that is lightly used ( I recently a nib for $130)  which is over $100 off the regular price.  You may be able to find a few Curado D's on ebay as well for $150.  Otherwise if you can save a little more and buy a new Curado E for $180

No reccomendations on reel, but I do agree with Cravin on the E-bay seller.  Bought from dolilfishie on 3 occasions and all three shipping was included for less than anyone else before their s/h.  Great seller.

Go on line and look up the various Shimano reels at Cabella's and Bass Pro Shop.

Check out the Shimano web site, too, for details.

You can't go wrong with what ever Shimano reel you select.

Just note the rod's specs and match them up with the reel you are considering.

Have fun!  ;)

Bought a curado 200e7 on ebay for 150 shipped...The cruxis seems to be a descent reel for 99

Why on earth would you buy a Cruxis for $100 when you can buy a Citica E for $120?  :-?