Sign in to follow this  
bronzeback01

cork & mice

I just moved into a new house and i think i have mice , my rods are kept in the basement on a verticle wall rack

and im afraid that the mice will get at the cork handles. I am limited on sorage space (i have a 2 year old) so they have to stay where the are.Someone told me that putting mothballs around them will keep the mice away.

any other suggestions  ?

throw some 20 penny nails into the wall and store them there, well off the floor and away from anything they could hop off onto the rods.

Moth balls help, the mice will go after the cork, keeping them out of reach is best. Cats work if you only let them eat mice.

I speak from experience .

Q

Your best bet is to get rid of the mice.  until then, I'd keep something next to the rods that the mice like more than cork...  try peanut butter crackers.   ;)

bb01, you can try the bucket trick and see for sure.

5 gal bucket,  a soup can,  string,  peanut butter.

remove the bucket handle, put a small hole in the bottom of the can, just enuff  for the string to pull through (or remove the bottom all 2gather) tie the string off to the bucket handle holes, leaving the can free to spin.  add about 1/3rd water in the bucket and put a coat of peanut butter around the can,  mice love it and when they hop on the can, well the rest is history.