Sign in to follow this  
Scorcher214

My first baitcaster!

I was wondering what kind of rod would be good paired with the New Bass Pro Shops Bionic Plus Baitcast Reel, I would like to have a rod that is an all around rod.

Any ideas?

7' mhm or mhf.

Brands?  The skies the limit.  Your gonna have to do a lot of reading on this forum and choose.  Everybody has a favorite.  Good luck.

Welcome aboard!

Maybe this combination, but I would be patient,

BPS has their combos on sale all the time:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_94774_100003000_100000000_100003000_100-3-0

8-)

Consider a MHF Shimano Crucial.  139.00 and can be found on sale.  Great medium priced rod and the big boys will warranty as if it is they're own brand.  

GO BIG RED

Just starting out into the world of baitcasting gear huh?  The monkey's about to have his claws in you BAD!   ;D My favorite rod for an all around, and this is just personal preference, is a 6'6" medium heavy/fast action.  My question is, how muchs are ya' looking to spend??  Good luck in your rod hunt!

Great move stepping up to bait casters.  There is a leaning curve in getting use to them though.  Start with monofilament line, it's more forgiving.  Whatever reel you choose; get yourself a bottle of KVD Line & Lure Conditioner to treat your line.  It will cut down on backlashes and make you line have less memory.  It will cut down you learning curve and make the practice more enjoyable and productive.