Sign in to follow this  
LakeAnnaBasser

Jig and C-Rig Rods

I am looking into adding two more rods to my collection. I want one to be used specifically for jigs in the 3/8oz range nd 1 rod to be used for heavier presentations like C-rigging and heavier jigs and flipping. I am going to look at the Powell rods at the fishing expo. What do you all think about these rods?Would you suggest any thing else? Also what sizes and ratings would you reccomend?

--Thanks

I don't have any expierience with Powell rods but I've done well with Roques (under $200) & Loomis IMX series (under $300) for soft plastics and jig fishing. For light jigs, texas rig senko's etc. I like a 7' MH, for Carolina rigs a 7' Heavy action rod will get the job done (though some will reccomend a longer rod for your Carolina rig rod which allows you to pick up more line when you do a sweep set). I like the 7' because it's more comfortable for me, stores in my boat better and also has performed very well.

MBR844C or BCR854

8-)

I switched over to American Rodsmiths Kicker sticks for Jig fishing several years ago and have never found a lighter more sensitive rod.  Their "Team" series rod for c-rigging that is very good as well.  

If you can go the money St. Croix Legend C-rig rods are very good as well and can be used for other applications like jig fishing as well.