Sign in to follow this  
ChiCityBasser

Daiwa TD Fuego L or Daiwa Advantage 153HSTLA

I want to add another B/C to my collection and since my other B/C's are the Daiwa Megaforce and the Cabelas Prodigy(Daiwa Tierra) for the most part I wanted stick with the same brand.

I have read the reviews on the Daiwa Advantage 153HSTLA on Tackletour.com and it was an editors choice wit a 9.0+.

I will be using it for primarily jigs and heavier spinner baits and possibly frogs in heavier cover and pairing it with either a 6'6" Cabelas MH XMLti or the New Cabelas Prodigy 7'0" MH.

Looking for any and all comments good or bad on both reels

Thanks

If reel weight is an issue get the Fuego, if not ----> get the Advantage; you get pretty much the same performance for less money.

Or, if what you want is looks + perfomance get the Fuego.

You can get the HSTA for $145 or the Feugo For $210 at Delo's Tackle who is a sponser here plus FREE SHIPPING! I bought two HSTA's last year from Delo's. They are very smooth reels. :)

Thanks for the feedback an opinions and Cabelas has an in store clearance on the Fuego at $159 which is also the same price as the HSTLA which isn't on clearance.

Both felt good also

Thanks for the feedback an opinions and Cabelas has an in store clearance on the Fuego at $159 which is also the same price as the HSTLA which isn't on clearance.

Both felt good also

Excellent excuse to get the Fuego, for that kind of money I wouldn 't think it too much, it 's still a 70 dollars saving.

TD-A's are awesome, but if lefty is OK for you, grab that Fuego at that price.  Great little reel.

Check the local Cabelas by you.  The one by me has the Fuego on closeout for $160.  I bought one in left hand, I also have the Daiwa Advantage in left hand.

Both are great reels & have the same gear ratio & IPT.  The Fuego is an ounce or so lighter cuz of the magnesium frame than the Advantage.  Also the spool width on the Fuego is narrower.  

I enjoy both reels & do use both...when the ice melts off!

Check the local Cabelas by you. The one by me has the Fuego on closeout for $160. I bought one in left hand, I also have the Daiwa Advantage in left hand.

Both are great reels & have the same gear ratio & IPT. The Fuego is an ounce or so lighter cuz of the magnesium frame than the Advantage. Also the spool width on the Fuego is narrower.

I enjoy both reels & do use both...when the ice melts off!

Thanks Ghost and yeah going into Cabelas is what made me think about the Fuego cause it was on clearance $160 at the Hammond, IN store. Prior to seeing Fuego on clearance I was getting the HSTLA and thinking I will get the HSTLA since the once difference isn't a big factor

Thanks for all the feedback

I bought a couple of Fuegos on clearance for $149. Best deal I ever got on tackle. And two of the best reels I've ever owned. I actually like my Fuegos better than my Revos. They are smoother, and more comfortable. They cast as well. But I do trust my Revos for heavier applications more than the Fuegos (though I'm sure the Fuegos are robust enough).

The TD-As are extremely nice reels. I'd buy one in a second. I notice they are a bit wider than the Fuegos. And I've heard they will cast really light baits well.

Raul, IMO, got it right. Great performance and looks but a bit more costly - Fuego. Not as spiffy (but spiffy in its own right) and great performance for a little less - TD-A. Best part is you win either way.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwafuego.html

BTW, the Fuego has been on clearance at several places.  I wonder if the bc Fuego is going the way of the spinning Fuego and going to the Zaion frame material.

Micro, I thought the Fuego's & Sol's b/c reels were going on the wayside too, but in BPS they actually gone up $20!

Chicity, the Hammon Cabeals store is the one I go to.  Maybe I'll run into you there sometimes.