Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Craft Man

G Loomis Rod Question

I am looking for a nice Spinning Rod for mulitple purposes.  Mostly for flukes, shakyhead, lightweight tubes, and some drop shotting.  I am mainly looking at the IMX SJR902S and possiblly the SJR843S.  I currently use the SMR882S-SP, which is a good rod, but it's slightly tip heavy.  Does anyone have any experience with the SJR902S and if so would you recommend it for the applications I listed?  Also, for those who own the SJR843S, would that rod fill my needs or is it too heavy in power?  Thanks in advance for your help.

The two most popular G.Loomis spinning rods are the SJR783s and 843S. I would get the SJR843S.

8-)

I had the SJR843 for tubes with 1/8 and 1/4 oz inserts.  It was way too stiff for my applications so I traded it off to a guy in San Francisco for lighter rod.

I had the SJR843 for tubes with 1/8 and 1/4 oz inserts. It was way too stiff for my applications so I traded it off to a guy in San Francisco for lighter rod.

The rating for the blank is 3/16-3/4.

8-)

I had the SJR843 for tubes with 1/8 and 1/4 oz inserts. It was way too stiff for my applications so I traded it off to a guy in San Francisco for lighter rod.

That's why I was wondering if the SJR902 would be a little more suited for what I was looking for.  Thanks for the responces.

I have the SJR782S, for 1/4 oz and under is a great finesse rod.

I fish everything on your list except tubes on a DSR820S dropshot rod. It's light and responsive and has some backbone for a light power rod.

Ronnie  

I have the SJR782S, for 1/4 oz and under is a great finesse rod.

i would look at the sjr782, as well...the 843 is an excellent rod but, in my hands, is a tad tip-heavy...which was one of the complaints with the rod you currently use.