Sign in to follow this  
basspro96

BPS 7'10" Crankin' Stick.

I just ordered this rod. What application do you think would be best for this rod. I was thinking Deep cranks, Swimbaits. Any feedback?

I would say deep cranking like DD22's, DT 16's and smaller swimbaits like Osprey Dinks, basstrix, and Mattlures. I have the 7'6 model and it is a very nice rod for the price! I paid $29.00 for mine! :)

I have two BPS Crankin Sticks, 7 footers MH I love the poles!  I haven't lost a fish since switching to a dedicated crankin rod.  I don't know how they compare to other brands but I like these a lot.  Good luck with it.

Ya i was thinking about the lipless cranking thing. Its huge here in my area in this time of year. Many 6+ fish caught on these types of baits:)

I have two BPS Crankin Sticks, 7 footers MH I love the poles! I haven't lost a fish since switching to a dedicated crankin rod. I don't know how they compare to other brands but I like these a lot. Good luck with it.

X 2 and at a good price! :)

Thanks for all of your input. Now I just have to find a Revo Winch for under 200 dollars:)

Thanks for all of your input. Now I just have to find a Revo Winch for under 200 dollars:)

All over the place on Ebay, just make sure to have the seller verify that it is a first run, not a second and that it is unblemished.  I've been very satisfied with my Ebay purchases, but I'm careful about what I buy.  

What I meant was a second.  All manufacturers will have part of their product that is pulled from inventory at the QC level at the factory.  Either a blemish, a bad bearing whatever.  The reels are refurbished and though technically new, I never trust that all the flaws have been found.  Some distributors will re-sell returned reels, returned either by the store or the end user, some of these reels have flaws some don't.  Some Ebayers buy all of this stock and sell them as new, which many times they are, but either a second quality or something like that.  I always play it on the safe side and double check that the reels are first quality and not refurbished or anything like that.