Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

G-Loomis having production problems?

I'm trading my GLX MBR844 for the GLX MBR842 with Loomis.  I forgot how long the lady said it would take to get the rod (been 10 days so far) so I called today.  The lady said they were having production problems and it may be held up for about a month.  Oh well, it's worth the wait.

They finally got wind of the split handle and are changing over.

I don't think so.

Burley-If G Loomis promised to do that, then I would promise to bring my girlfriend to a sociable event around the likes of you  :)

Burley-If G Loomis promised to do that, then I would promise to bring my girlfriend to a sociable event around the likes of you ;)

If they went to a split-handle, would you loan her to me for a couple of weeks too?  :)

Burley-If G Loomis promised to do that, then I would promise to bring my girlfriend to a sociable event around the likes of you :)

I don't know about that. He has Pauly from the Sopranos in his sig. The Sopranos 'took care of' Christopher's girlfriend even though he loved her. Business is business....she better not inform the tackle junkies of Shimano's upcoming products or she might get 'taken care of'.

If they would at least just remove the fore grip...

That would also be acceptable.

I'd freakin' love a BCR with no foregrip, and still have the factory warranty.  This would be a modest change for them, and a lot of anglers would be super happy.

The cork on my 852 is still fairly clean, except for the dark finger sized stain.... ::)

Burley-If G Loomis promised to do that, then I would promise to bring my girlfriend to a sociable event around the likes of you  :)

If they went to a split-handle, would you loan her to me for a couple of weeks too?  :)

Na. I think I would prefer the full rear grip. And also if you had her for a couple of weeks I might not want her back  ;)

Natural-if she was to inform tackle junkies anything it would probably be that you only need one combo and that it shouldn't cost more than $100 a combo haha

I know we are off topic but why don't you guys who want loomis rods with a split grip, pony up and have one made? It's well worth your time and money... although once you have one, it would be one less thing you can complain about. ...lol

On second thought, how bad do you want one? I might have a rod or two in the rack that would fit your likes... ;D

Loomis is a little behind due to demand in Europe. They recently started distributing to Europe which took off more than they anticipated. Its a small problem and they should be caught up soon.

Loomis is a little behind due to demand in Europe. They recently started distributing to Europe which took off more than they anticipated. Its a small problem and they should be caught up soon.

Man, that's a nice "problem" to have!

8-)

Man, that's a nice "problem" to have!

8-)

Yeah, that would be until the EU sues them for millions because they didn't share "X" with European rod builders.

Not quite sure what your saying they would be sued for? They can pick and choose what products they offer to different markets.

I can tell you what is wrong.I had a rod break and called and spoke to a lady i always talk with,told her the rod model and she said they were out of stock on this rod and production would be in 3-4 weeks.She said they produce rods in series,for instance today they may make magbass rods then in a few days make smallmouth series rods to restock,that is probably what is taking the time.And for the comments that keep getting thrown around about split grips,loomis is probably the largest us rod maker in the US making every conceivable rod made and they stick with what they know is good,they are not copycats they are the originators of quality rods since 1983 i believe. :)

loomis is probably the largest us rod maker:o

Probably not. Shakespeare Ugly Stiks are made in the US, and I would be willing to bet big bucks more of those get sold every year than Loomis, for the simple reason that Loomis' lowest line is  still well out of the price range of the average " Joe fisherman" who only gets out a couple times a year.

loomis is probably the largest us rod maker:o

Probably not. Shakespeare Ugly Stiks are made in the US, and I would be willing to bet big bucks more of those get sold every year than Loomis, for the simple reason that Loomis' lowest line is still well out of the price range of the average " Joe fisherman" who only gets out a couple times a year.

Anyone who only gets out a couple times a year to fish ISN'T a fisherman in my book.