Sign in to follow this  
ChumsCustoms

quantum tour blue, any good

i have just started fishing seriously and i would like to upgrade my reels and i have been looking at the quantum tours from last year that are on sale for 100 to 120 bucks. just want to make sure that they are decent reels and if anyone has input please let me know

thanks

ben

I own three of them (all bought at the sale prices) and for $100-120 they are fantastic reels. A lot of people on this forum hate quantum but at the $100 price that they can be found for now I don't think anybody would disagree that they are excellent reels for the cost.

Any of the Quantum PT reels are good. The Tour Edition is very smooth and you will love the ACS braking. I do not have the Tour Edition but I have fished with one. I do have the Accurist PTs and love them.

thanks for the input i hope to get a couplein the next week or so but i am also contemplating picking up a couple used chronarchs

so it is still in the air

thanks though

ben

I have 2 that I bought last year and they are very good reels.  I have the burner and the 6.3 gears.  I agree they are a bit heavy, but they are workhorses.  I also have an Accurist which is a good reel.  They should serve you well.

Where can I get those reels for that price I would love to have some.......

ebay would be the first place i look.

I think I stole my 1171 from Cabela's before Christmas :D  I'm anxious to use it this spring.  Although its larger than my Revo, I think it balances better on my 7' rod.  Last year, I saw them in a number of places for $99.