Sign in to follow this  
SuthernHaze

bass arsenal help

i am trying to figure out what would be a nice little arsenal for bass fishing... trying to step up my game...ok so here we go:

a worm /crankbait rig:  7' MH , medium gear reel,  not sure what action; was thinking carro tstix with abu record reel 5.3:1

a spinner/topwater rig: 6MH' , on the faster side gear reel , action ??; not sure what rod with abu ext-pro 6.4:1

a few questions :1. where would an ultralight set-up fit in here  when exactly would u use it.

2. what baitcasters are out there will gear ratios starting in 3 or 4

3.opinions on setup above

A good crankin' rod is the antithesis of a good wormin' rod. For plastics, an x-fast/fast action is the way to go. For cranks, a mod-fast/mod action is the best way to go. Also, most guys and gals go with a fast reel for plastics and jigs...anything with an IPT above 26 or so.

Updated

Worm Rig: 6'9''MH, F, Faster Reel

Carrot Stix Rod Model C69MH-Cwith Abu Garcia Record 6.4:1

Spinner/Top Water Rig:  Really have no clue because I have never fished spinner or topwater lurestrying to learn how to fish them

Cranking Rig: Also having no clue here because all I have really ever used is jigs or worms

Still wondering where an ultra light such as pflueger president, abu soron stx10, or abu cardinal100

Also if any suggestions have a reel gear ratios lower that 5.3:1 where would I find one lower than that

actually i have changed my mind ... after reading some more reviews on carrot stix ... thought might be a bit to brittle for the record... so here is the new rod for the only set-up i actually know how to use and am successful with:

St.Croix Mojo Model MBC70MHF

money not to big of a deal because i dont plan on buying any of this stuff all at the exact same time.  but granite i dont want to spend 500 on a rod.. rods i would like to stay under 200 and reels 300...right now i have just use a cheap walmart abu garcia baitcaster but have really like the round reel and have gotten pretty good with it.  The only technique I really ever have used it worm jigging so therefore i would like to make it my first upgrade.  

what i have come up with is(feel free to say if u think it is not right):

Rod - St.Croix Avid Series Trigger Rod - AVC70MF

Reel - Abu Garcia Record Series 5.3:1 - 50 size

Line - Suffix Siege - 12# (I have always used 12# but if u think 14# then i would go up to the 60 size record reel)

from my reading here i believe the next set-up should be for crankbaits...any sugesstions because i do not own a single crankbait so im starting from scratch with that but feel i need to be able to use more than just a t-rig worm or shakkey head

i am trying to figure out what would be a nice little arsenal for bass fishing... trying to step up my game...ok so here we go:

Remember the rules of this game, the one who dies with the most stuff wins !  :D

If a worm rig needs to be a spinning reel then i would go for the abu soron with a st.croix with same ratings except spinning....  I appreciate the feedback just trying to expand and grow